Review by ivana7 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review by ivana7 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Non-fiction books, especially autobiographical books, are definitely not for everyone. However, Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is a real treat. The author introduces us into his life by telling the process and steps that led him to life's success. Jorge P. Newbery is truly an inspirational person who has been in so many different burn zones throughout his life, and he always managed to go ahead, while the obstacles themselves only inspired him to continue to win and overcome all the problems.

The book is written in chapters chronologically accompanying the author's life from the earliest age of his life. The author described in detail his family background and the environment in which he lived, which later played a role in some of his decisions. The family had great significance in his life, especially the father, who has always been his support. The author was very ambitious as a child, and he started earning his money by delivering newspapers and selling ice cream. His ambitiousness has grown over the years, and he soon dropped out of school. One of his first serious projects was the stage he was renting for rock concerts. He met many musicians, and some of them sometimes even slept in his home so they would not have to pay for the motels. At one of the concerts, the police began the riot, and here the author found the significance in defending those who are powerless or less important to those in authority. Shortly thereafter, he also ran a record company. He also started biking, and in very short time he achieved great successes. He practiced whenever he could and he was constantly testing his limits. Soon he drove as a professional Olympic cyclist alongside his idols.

All of the above mentioned stages and successes led him to real estate jobs where his real success was revealed, as well as his failure. Though he has experienced the greatest failure here, he did not give up. A natural disaster has caused a great collapse of his financial success. He lost everything and was over $20 million in debt. But even then his spirit was not broken, because he realized how much he had achieved in life and he still helps other people today who are in similar situations.

Jorge P. Newbery is truly a phenomenon and it is incredible how he has such a strong spirit, a pure mind and a good heart. He chose a life without fear and he achieved everything he imagined by constantly working on himself. What is particularly interesting is that he has always been kind and just to all his colleagues and people with whom he was in any relationship during his life. Not one of his failures, especially the latter and the most critical one, did not destroy his spirit.

I really enjoyed reading this book, and I really liked writing style, chronological organization of events by chapters and the message of this book. I believe everyone could learn something from this book. Mr Newbery can really be a role model for many people, not just from a businessman's point of view, but also as a man driven by determination, faith, ambition, and goodness.

The book appears to be professionally edited, considering that I did not notice any grammatical or spelling mistakes. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, and I recommend it primarily to those who feel discouraged for any reason, since this is a very inspirational and motivating story.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

Wow. This author seems like he does have a very positive and encouraging message to share. Thanks for the review!
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

sarahmarlowe wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 10:20 Wow. This author seems like he does have a very positive and encouraging message to share. Thanks for the review!
Definitely! Thank you for stopping by!
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

Best book I've read here so far. The chapter about Woodland Meadows is very sad. :cry:

Thanks for your great review, Ivana. :tiphat:
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

LinaMueller wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 09:07 Best book I've read here so far. The chapter about Woodland Meadows is very sad. :cry:

Thanks for your great review, Ivana. :tiphat:
It was definitely an amazing read! Thank you for stopping by! :)
Lisa A Rayburn
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Hmmm...rather than a "Rags to Riches" story this seems to be a "Rags to Riches to Rags" one. I find it highly commendable that through it all, the author was able to keep a positive outlook on life, even to the extent of helping others while he was still 'down' himself. Autobiographies aren't really my cup of tea, so I will pass on this book, but I'm sure those who enjoy the genre will love it. Thanks for the great review!
Smrithy
Favorite Book: Enif
Currently Reading: Daffodils
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithy.html
Latest Review: Enif by Russ Berg

Post by Smrithy »

An inspiring account that gives us confidence to face the adverse situations. Loved it.
Latest Review: Enif by Russ Berg
allbooked+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: A Bonza Life by Brian murphy

Post by allbooked+ »

There are certainly times when inspirational books can help people through times. This book seems to inspire people - per the reviews and the comments. I enjoyed your review.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

Kelyn wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 14:17 Hmmm...rather than a "Rags to Riches" story this seems to be a "Rags to Riches to Rags" one. I find it highly commendable that through it all, the author was able to keep a positive outlook on life, even to the extent of helping others while he was still 'down' himself. Autobiographies aren't really my cup of tea, so I will pass on this book, but I'm sure those who enjoy the genre will love it. Thanks for the great review!
Thank you!
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

Smrithy wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 09:26 An inspiring account that gives us confidence to face the adverse situations. Loved it.
Yes, definitely! Thank you for stopping by!
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

allbooked+ wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 18:40 There are certainly times when inspirational books can help people through times. This book seems to inspire people - per the reviews and the comments. I enjoyed your review.
It is definitely inspirational. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
unamilagra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

I like that the author chose to include the mistakes he made as well as his successes. Sounds like a very inspirational and motivational read. Great review!
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

unamilagra wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 22:45 I like that the author chose to include the mistakes he made as well as his successes. Sounds like a very inspirational and motivational read. Great review!
I agree! Thank you for stopping by!
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

AvocaDebo621 wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 21:18 The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂
I'm glad you loved the book! Thank you for stopping by!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”