Official Review: No Pit So Deep

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
randompersonavility
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randompersonavility.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Re: Official Review: No Pit So Deep

Post by randompersonavility »

I like romance novels, however, despite being a Christian, I am not fond of any other genre mixed with Christian teachings.
Sussu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sussu.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Sussu »

It is extremely hard to write a story that is relatable and talks about the military and Christianity. I am intrigued by the review. If not for the review, I would have passed on it. The complications are interesting. Here is a soldier who witnesses someone being kidnapped. The kidnap itself foreshadows a lot of entanglements. I wonder what makes that woman so interesting and is there going to be some blackmailing involved? That's where the dark past comes in. Well, I'll at least try the first chapter.
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

Thanks for the review! This novel sounds like a meaty treat, featuring an action-packed thriller, strong themes, and some romance for desert. You didn't write much about the Christian content in the book, so I'm assuming it's not a huge deal, which is good since this sort of thing doesn't interest me.
Liza K N
Currently Reading: OldEarth Aram Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-k-n.html
Latest Review: Sanctuary by Gavin Catt

Post by Liza K N »

That was a good review, very well stated. I enjoyed the first few chapters and intend to finish it!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

It's good to know that the romance between ex-Marine Cody and journalist Brandi is sweet and innocent. The theme of forgiveness sounds like a good one to explore. I'm glad you found message of forgiveness and faith was done well and that the characters were developed well. Having good descriptions is definitely a good one for any book, and it's great that was the case here. Good to hear this was professionally edited and that you found this to be fast-paced. Glad you enjoyed this book and thank you for sharing!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

A Christian fiction focused on thriller with a bit of romance is appealing. Overcoming deep scars of the past can be difficult to accomplish and look forward to reading this book. Thanks for your awesome review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
amandathebibliophile
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandathebibliophile.html
Latest Review: Short of Love by Martin Knox

Post by amandathebibliophile »

A thriller with a Christian message just isn’t what I’m currently in the market for, but there’s something for everyone ❤️ Thanks for the honest review!
-Bookworming-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by -Bookworming- »

Interesting book. Romance genre with thriller and humor and with a message. Just a perfect match. Congtatulation on BOTD!
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

No Pit So Deep by James Nathaniel Miller II is a #Military #Thriller blended with #Action, #Suspense, and #Romance. It follows the #Adventures and #LoveStory of Cody Musket (a former Marine turned professional baseball player who suffers from PTSD) and Brandi Barnes (a gutsy investigative journalist and single mom who has exposed a child-trafficking ring). The story is thrilling, tragic, heartwarming, funny, and inspirational.

Thanks much for the delightful review.
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

There seems to be multiple layers with this book; relatable characters, a thriller plot, and a great message.
FariDa Arif
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farida-arif.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by FariDa Arif »

Trisha's review reveals that the story starts when Cody saves Brandi and puts his own life at risk.Life threatening experiences,humour ,action and thrill are the main ingredients of this book.Sophisticated love and descent romance, gives more value to this book.After reading this compelling review l am sure to grab the book for fun and entertainment.Thanks for the lovely review!.
Shilpa Paul
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Revolution
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilpa-paul.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Shilpa Paul »

Thanks for the review. The plot is very interesting and tempting. I love reading romantic thrillers so will definitely add this to my to be read list.
Crussell1114
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Crussell1114 »

I can really feel the intense drama written into this book . I liked your review and I can tell it was well thought out with great descriptive quality. I come from a family with a long line of military service and women of higher education. I think Cody and Brandi could be cut right out of our family history !!! I love a good intense romance with drama and uncertainty!! Based on your review I truly found myself wanting more !!! Thanks for a great review with a wonderfully descriptive style / delivery !!!!
Calvin300010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Calvin300010 »

There is no doubt this book has all all I need, I will tell my friends about this, they would love it. Brandi and cody and a match for each other. It's a great review.
navyapindi
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 234

Post by navyapindi »

"No Pit So Deep" is a fast-paced thriller with a romantic touch. The plot seems interesting. The characters of Cody Musket & Brandi Barnes seem well-developed. The sweet & innocent love story along with a strong message about faith & forgiveness makes it a great read. Congrats on BOTD!

Return to “Historical Fiction”