Official Review: Truth Loves Liberty by Jason L Krone

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Official Review: Truth Loves Liberty by Jason L Krone

Post by Renu G »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Truth Loves Liberty" by Jason L Krone.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What is the “Liberty of The Truth”? What is "The Truth of the Love of Liberty” and “The Lie of fearful lustful selfishness”? Which one would you choose? Do you believe people who say you do not have the power to choose how to think and act? The author wants to motivate people to ask these questions and choose what is invaluable to build a country of Justice and Liberty.

The contents of this book written by Jason L. Krone offer a simple message explained in complex terms. In the beginning, I really had to make an effort to grasp what he means, but once I understood his philosophy, it was easier to make sense of the writing. Truth Loves Liberty is born of the writer’s personal experiences in life. On the one hand, Jason remembers believing in The Lie that he had no choice when he became dependent on prescription drugs, which was followed by an addiction to smoking as well as alcohol and repeatedly landing in jail for his activities. On the other hand, the law tried to make him understand The Truth that he had to take responsibility for what he did. Finally, the dilemma was resolved when he chose to grow up, believe in The Truth, and be released from being addicted and enslaved to the self.

According to the author, people are addicted to self by default but can choose to make honest choices to overcome being negative or selfish. I like his statement that “a half-truth is a whole lie. The Truth is always whole and never a half-lie.” It contains a deeply spiritual meaning. I appreciate how Jason goes on to explain why addiction to self is related to The Lie “because one billionaire could feed all the starving children for 1,000 years or more.” In 202 pages, the text includes other topics such as conscience, consciousness, sex, lust, motivations, love, fear, hope, humility, and forgiveness, etc.

I felt uncomfortable with the author’s preaching tone. I also fear that some of his statements may be misunderstood. To prevent this, it is important for readers to grasp the core message of The Truth vs The Lie and read the diverse themes with this lens. The book is quite dense in content, and it is not possible to offer a synopsis of everything in this review.

After a thoughtful and critical analysis of the contents as mentioned above, I am pleased to give Truth Loves Liberty a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I found several grammatical errors that make it more difficult to understand the author’s message. However, it will bring hope to people who have been through similar situations in life. I recommend it to counselors, teachers, pastoral and social workers, politicians, and every adult who desires to live according to The Truth.

Truth Loves Liberty
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

Sounds like the truth shall set you free. I am glad the author got free from his addictions as well as the idea that he had no choice. Great review and thanks!
Erin Painter Baker
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Luke and Luka: Genius Kid Heroes by A.D. Largie

Post by Erin Painter Baker »

A simple message told in complex language is generally not the best start. I appreciate that once you got it, you really got it, but I wonder how many people would have the dedication you did to working your way through it and really understanding what the author was saying?
Dee_218
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-218.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Dee_218 »

Sounds like a novel to be enjoyed for the ready and open-minded. Thank you for a lovely review.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

It is true that people convince themselves they have no choice. The author's journey presents an important truth that could be helpful to many, but they need to be at a place to be able to believe his message. It takes courage to admit that we are believing the lie. Great review.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

The attention-getting title made me think politics, but it appears to be a memoir. A memoir where Krone shares a valuable message from a complex perspective. I think I will give this book a try. Thank you for your insightful review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”