Official Review: Electromagnetic Energy of the Human Mind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Official Review: Electromagnetic Energy of the Human Mind

Post by Renu G »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Electromagnetic Energy of the Human Mind" by Dr Tapan Chaudhuri, M. D., FACP et al.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Electromagnetic Energy of the Human Mind is a joint venture by Tapan K. Chaudhuri, Tushar K. Chowdhury, Tandra R. Chaudhuri, Taposh K. Chowdhury, and Bulu R. Chowdhury. The authors share the outcome of their theoretical and practical research. They feel called by God to spread the message they have received through meditation and near-death experiences.

After highlighting the world scenario of chaos and violence, it is stated that even God is unable to intervene and bless the world unless humanity cooperates with him. How can this problem be resolved? Since an increasing number of families are disintegrating, they suggest a family model that is analogous to the atomic model with the neutron and proton in the nucleus and electron in the orbit. To keep a family stable, God and one of the spouses should be at the center whereas the other spouse should be in the orbit. I’m so glad they did not express any gender bias!

This book has a unique concept which I have never imagined before. It comes across as a sincere endeavor of genuine spiritual seekers and qualified professionals in the fields of Nuclear Physics, Biophysics, Physiology, Microbiology, Medicine, Theology, and others. The contents are compelling indeed; nonetheless, I must admit that my philosophy is profoundly different, and it is difficult to integrate or harmonize these ideas with my own understanding of God as Trinity and humanity’s relationship with the Divine.

As stated by the authors, “the essence of all things is energy and matter.” The closer one comes to the creative force, the more one is attuned to it, to humanity and oneself. The human person is also compared with a smartphone. I find the new theogenetics of energy particles Mene and Sene, that form the mind and soul respectively quite intriguing. This energy (EME) is the God particle of human life working through the mind to guide our lives from conception until death. In relation to this hypothesis, the authors offer suggestions on the positive effects of prayer when parents are bringing a new being into the world. This is found in the teachings of various world religions. However, the researchers try to explain it scientifically saying that the EME helps the “sperm, ovum, and DNA to download a higher level of mind and soul” during conception.

I find the explanation of the Mind-Soul connection during meditation most interesting. A collision between the EME particle of the human mind and the soul (God’s atom) is said to happen at the end of deep meditation, to temporarily eject the soul from the body. This must be a reference to ecstasy. There are several other absorbing reflections in the publication, but I shall leave them as a surprise for readers. Nevertheless, I do not agree with all the contents. In my opinion, the hypothesis is too clear. Spirituality always has an element of mystery, and spiritual seekers often express that the closer they come to God, the more their explanations of the mystery seem to be far from the Reality. I read the book with an open mind and enjoyed it, but the analogies from Nuclear Physics are nothing in comparison to the love and beauty of a personal God in spiritual life.

After thoughtful and critical analysis of the contents as mentioned above, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Electromagnetic Energy of the Human Mind has only 134 pages and includes illustrations. A round of editing will raise the quality of the presentation, but the grammatical errors do not impact the comprehension of the contents. I recommend it to people who like to study themes related to the intersection of spirituality and science. Family counselors, doctors, theologians, and spiritual seekers may find the book quite appealing.

Electromagnetic Energy of the Human Mind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lila Randhawa
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lila-randhawa.html
Latest Review: Conversing with Various Entities by Mary Ellen Wall

Post by Lila Randhawa »

I am intrigued by the author’s analogies from nuclear physics. I am not sure about reading spiritual books myself. But, I am glad that you enjoyed the book. Thanks for the review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's an interesting concept, but it's a bit too much thinking for a pleasure book for me. I'm not sure I even understood the review. Perhaps another time. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Aisha82
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aisha82 »

Interesting, all students should go through it, it will add to their knowledge
Dham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dham »

The mind is something very powerful thing.
Dee_218
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-218.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Dee_218 »

Indeed what a lovely book by the sounds of it. I love how you analysed it with an open mind. I loved this part expecially: "and spiritual seekers often express that the closer they come to God, the more their explanations of the mystery seem to be far from the Reality. I read the book with an open mind and enjoyed it..."
8amaseter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by 8amaseter »

I have read many spiritual books and tend to agree with the Authors' view that; the closer one gets to the creative force, the closer the attunment to it. Your review has shown that the book will be a good read.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The premise that God is unable to intervene without man's cooperation gives man a tremendous power and responsibility. The other points, presented by the authors, are too far-fetched for me. I appreciate your excellent synopsis of the book.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

The entire premise of this book is absolutely fascinating. A scientific explanation of spirituality gives it a unique perspective. Thank you for your candid review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”