Review by Ivy_Lucky -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivy_Lucky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-lucky.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Review by Ivy_Lucky -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Ivy_Lucky »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The strongest people stand tall even after a fall. Burn Zones is a self-help book by Jorge P. Newbery. It is an autobiography of Jorge starting from poverty and becoming rich then back to poverty, that inspires and encourages many people that encounter real life business failures as well as for personal development. It entails more than just financial break-through skills.

During his high school life, Newbery would deliver papers to get some small monies for personal sustainability. He saved some cash that enabled him purchase an old ice cream cart which he remodeled it into a money maker. He later started a recording company that attracted a good number of artists interested in recording music. It is at this point that he decided to drop out of school for money chasing.

His journey to financial break-through was not an easy one. For some, giving up would be an option. He further continued as a loan officer that enabled him to purchase some rental properties that included hotels and apartments. He decided to venture into real estates with sole intentions of making profits despite of the fact that some of the properties purchased had a bad history that he was at first afraid of purchasing them as they could not be profitable due to the perception that people had concerning them.

Having accumulated all that wealth, a tragedy occurred that rendered him poor. An ice storm struck and caused damage to his property. This rendered him up to $26 million in debt. It is during this time that Jorge discovers the city officials in Columbia Ohio (location of one of his properties, Woodland Meadow; an 1100 unit apartment complex) had been against him from the beginning of establishing his business there.

Newbery keeps the fire a blaze despite of what just happened. I really felt touched and inspired by such a spirit. Like, how many people out here can still be strong after a fall? His reaction to this situation was so different from my own expectation and I was really curious of his plan on how to overcome the situation. I bet you are curious too.

I really got inspired with Newbery’s effort not just financially but also his fighting spirit. His life is really impressive and inspiring. As compared to other books by business leaders, Burn Zone is one of the best I have engaged with so far. The title of the book attracted me just from a glace and I did not even imagine that it’s going to be a page turner for me. How many people out here can start working at a tender age of seven?

Newbery was so selective on the type of language he used in Burn Zone as I felt it accommodated almost everyone with Basic English. The book is so interesting, inspiring and informative; an eye opener to a journey to financial freedom. I felt it was thorough edited and proof-read and I therefore rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. It is just one awesome book. I can recommend this book for those that want to have an insight of a journey on how to start businesses and/or those that think they have lost it all in life. In general, I believe anybody can read this book as it helps in self-acceptance and development as well as a guide of a journey to financial freedom.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”