Review by Pamup52 -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Pamup52
Currently Reading: Do the Gods Hear Our Prayers?
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pamup52.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Review by Pamup52 -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Pamup52 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Four Funny Potatoes!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Len Foley's Four Funny Potatoe's!.[/b] is a very silly and fun take on a children's book about being different, and not conforming to what other's think you should be.

I love the format and the way some of the paragraph's rhyme. The pictures are very cute and that is a big draw for children of many age's.

This book can be read and reread, This is great because you know how a child can be with a favorite book, it can become dog earred before they are to old for it anymore.

In this book Arnie, Jimmy, and Marvin can't seem to see that Benny isn't like them, but Benny stand's his ground, and tell's them to the bitter end, that he is not a potatoe, he is a banana.

The only draw back I can see is what happens to Benny and some of the other character's. Some children may find it a little bit hard to take.

I believe this book was professionally edited, as I did not come across any mistake's in spelling other wise.I

I give this book 4 out of 4 star's. because it is a fast paced , under thirty page's, whimsical look into your fridge. It is a book that will be remembered year's after the child Grow's up.

Four Funny Potatoes!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Mr. Foley does have a way with words. His books also are focused on sending a message. You make some insightful comments about this children's book. Thanks!
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

After tutoring elementary students for quite some time, I've recently become very interested in children's books, and this one seems pretty entertaining! I like Benny pointing out that he's different (a banana), as you've mentioned. It's good for children to learn things like this early, and it's also funny. Nice review!
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”