Review by ShailaSheshadri -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Review by ShailaSheshadri -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands is the autobiography of Jorge P. Newbery. This book is more like an intriguing novel than an autobiography because the author has penned his life story in such an engaging way. This memoir is immensely inspirational. Reading through the book, I realized that Jorge Newbery is down to earth type and a thorough gentleman who stood up for humanity, especially for the distressed debtors. I was carried away by Jorge’s overall personality, immense risk-taking behavior, unquenched commitment, not giving up nature, and love for others. He faced many burn zones that tested the limits of his body and mind. In spite of so many hurdles, Jorge maintained a dignified appearance, gracefulness in speech and manners.

In Burn zones, the author portrayed his life from childhood until the writing of the memoir. He stayed with his family during childhood and had a normal upbringing. He was a high school dropout and later became a serial entrepreneur. Continuous hard work, high-quality business ethics, and daring to take financial risks led him to success. He became an entrepreneur, amassing a portfolio of 4000 troubled housing apartments across the U.S.A. in 1992-2005. However, a natural disaster triggered a financial collapse in which he lost all his wealth and emerged over $26 million in debt.

Even at this point, Jorge didn’t let his dreams shatter. He realized he himself was the magic bullet. How he rebuilt the crashed empire is undoubtedly the captivating part of this memoir. Today, Jorge helps others crushed by unaffordable debts rebuild their lives.

I was intrigued by the great values of the author. He is not only a successful entrepreneur but a living example of a gentleman. He possesses an extraordinary affectionate nature. I wonder how anybody can undertake so many risks and still be composed. The way he cares his parents is exemplary. Above all, he never used bad ways to become successful in his endeavors.

Jorge included the actual images in various places. They are relevant and make the reading more interesting. To be honest, I observed that Jorge appeared as an ethical person and an adorable human being in each image. His face remained the mirror of the mind. I didn't notice any flaw in his character. I admired his humanitarian nature. While reading the book, I was so much involved in the story that I wished many times Jorge be cleared of his troubles and live a peaceful life.

Jorge authored Burn Zones from the first-person perspective. The novel includes insightfulness, psychological depth, and intense emotions. Having 244 pages, this book is comfortable for short-time reading. There are 10 chapters, and each chapter includes a relevant heading. The author used appropriate words in the narrations which made the story appealing. The story flows chronologically and systematically. The plot develops faster in the second part of the book. The flawless language shows the professional editing of the book. Except for a very few mistakes, this book is well-written. Jorge has employed a simple yet captivating writing style.

It was worthwhile reading Burn Zones. With pleasure, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Burn Zones is an exclusive contribution to the entrepreneurship literature. There aren't any romance and explicit scenes in the novel. I recommend this inspiring novel to all readers, especially to adults. It is readable even for children. However, they might find it difficult to follow because of the depth of the book.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Miller56
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miller56.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Miller56 »

I just finished reading this book and thought it was great. Your review is very thorough and accurate. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”