Review by Sarah Tariq -- Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Review by Sarah Tariq -- Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

President Nixon declared War on Cancer in 1971 but despite giving almost forty-five years, spending billions on the cancer research and development projects, the desired results couldn’t be achieved or in other words multi-billion pharmaceutical industries won that war. However, there is a person who is constantly striving and committed to winning that war. And that person is Ms. Sylvie Beljanski, founder of The Beljanski’s Foundation. When I first saw this book on the list, its title captivated me and I was eager to learn more about the research the author had explored in this book. Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski is a wonderful book, pouring light on the alternative ways to treat cancer instead of looking for traditional methods (surgery, chemotherapy, radiation) of cancer treatment.

In 1999, Sylvie Beljanski, the daughter of French molecular biologist Dr. Mirko Beljanski founded The Beljanski Foundation whose mission was to resurface and promote Dr. Mirko Beljanski’s research work. The Foundation’s initial years were quite difficult as it had to face sheer opposition from selfish pharmaceutical companies and some time-serving government officials who placed every kind of hurdle to put down foundation’s effort to treat cancer patients through natural plant extracts which are both secure and less costly. Several reasons were presented to restrict such natural medication. One of them was that the natural plants are God-gifted and cannot be patented. The benefits of these plants were overlooked on behalf of pharmaceutical companies who use a very little portion of actual plant extract in synthetic (often toxic) medicines. We can say that the multi-billion cancer industry is not ready to sacrifice their profits and accept the proven non-toxic natural solutions. Even the FDA has limited power to protect and promote the natural cure of cancer due to biased legislations that protect the vested interest of pharmaceutical companies.

The Foundation also faced some other hurdles that prevent alternative treatment to achieve the right position. One of them is the lack of funds to conduct the clinical trials of plant extracts by any dietary supplement manufacturer. Due to small studies and short clinical trials, herbal supplements are not easily approved by FDA. Additionally, as these dietary supplements do not receive patent protection and government support so they cannot compete with drug companies due to price pressure.

The Beljanski Foundation’s work is based on the research work of Sylvie’s father who conducted his research on the natural treatment of cancer through plant extracts. He was even called upon by then French President Mitterrand to treat his prostate cancer. Mirko Beljanski discovered the method to remove the cancer stem cells that cause the replication of harmful cells and turn into malignant cancer. This discovery was able to clutch cancer from its roots but it was opposed on all forums. The most pitiable thing was this that even scientists (who are supposed to accept new theories and ideas based on scientific research and data) opposed this tremendous discovery of Dr. Mirko Baljanski to please the pharmaceutical companies. The French government’s apathetic attitude was both ironical and astonishing; who instead of supporting Dr. Mirko and his team launched a military action which subsequently resulted in the death of Sylvie’s father and some other scientists.

Once I started reading the book it was hard to put it down. Ms. Sylvie Beljanski beautifully explained each and every corner of her effort to promote her father’s work and hurdles she had to face in this way. Her determination is awesome. I really admire her that despite the opposition she was able to make her way and furthered her father’s legacy successfully. Sylvie’s foundation has published many journals of Mirko Beljanski’s research that are now being accepted and hailed everywhere. Though the progress is slow; however, Sylvie is hopeful that her mission will bring fruits for all cancer patients. Her narrative is engaging. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about her life struggle. She smoothly blended the scientific data in her motivational story that turns this book in a worthwhile read. I didn’t encounter any grammatical error while reading the book. So, I would say the book was professionally edited. And I couldn’t find anything bad or negative in it as the author excellently unfolded the greedy face of pharmaceutical companies who are involved in making money through this disease. I cheerfully rate this book 4 out of 4 stars . I would recommend this book to all those who are interested in the alternative treatment of cancer and progress in this field.

It’s a fact that cancer is spreading globally at a rapid pace. At one side, this disease requires strenuous efforts from governments, research institutions and drug manufacturers (both alternative and traditional method); on the other side, we need to support alternative medicine system (almost proven 300 techniques) to control this menace. Governments should bring harmony between two treatment systems and align them to achieve an integrative approach that accommodates both treatment systems on equal terms to get the benefit of both.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

Cancer is a big problem faced by the whole population of the world. It would be a great service to humanity to make this world familiar with alternative treatments for cancer which cost less money. In our region, many people die of cancer as they have not enough money for chemo and all the expensive treatment. Hope this book help people in the hard time of their illness.
Thanks a lot for the review.
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I do think most plants will have a medicinal property if we just don't destroy them before we can discover its use. I understand the problems with getting money to do research since you can't get patents on natural plants, and, therefore, it isn't profitable for pharmaceutical companies. I hope she is successful in bringing this to light. Thank you for a very informative review!
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

I hadn't heard of Sylvie Beljanski or her father before, but I have to admit to being skeptical about some of these claims. Still, there's nothing better than hearing their side of the story and judging it for ourselves; critical thinking and evidence are some of the cornerstones of scientific thought, after all. Even though this portrayal seems rather one-sided, there's merit in confronting opposing views and trying to reach the best conclusion. Thanks for the review!
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

The author did great in gifting the readers with this incredible piece. The book gives hope to cancer patients and i'm sure they'll find the book beneficial. Thank you for your captivating review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Aniza Butt wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 08:31 Cancer is a big problem faced by the whole population of the world. It would be a great service to humanity to make this world familiar with alternative treatments for cancer which cost less money. In our region, many people die of cancer as they have not enough money for chemo and all the expensive treatment. Hope this book help people in the hard time of their illness.
Thanks a lot for the review.
Agree, it requires multitier efforts at government and institutional level. Any treatment which is beneficial for humanity must be promoted regardless of its popularity or money making capacity. In my opinion, there is need to promote organic food to curb the use of chemical fertilizers which are the main source of spreading cancer in different forms. Plus, strict food safety measures can reduce this issue.

📕📖📰📓📕
Brendan Donaghy
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

I enjoyed reading this book too. The author writes with such passion about her subject that it's difficult not to warm to her. Great review!
Manali_DC
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manali-dc.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Manali_DC »

This sounds like a really interesting book! I am very sceptical about the idea that there could be alternative ways to treat cancer. However, it is also true that years of research and billions of dollars haven't really found a comprehensive cure for this many headed disease. Would read this book just out of curiosity for an alternative point of view. Thank you for a great review!
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

You have described the vast background of this book very succinctly. It is indeed admirable how Sylvie continued to fight. However, the lack of adequate proof supporting Sylvie's claims made me reach a different conclusion about this book than you.
Thanks for the review!
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

I'm glad she was able to give her father's research some legs. This sounds like a great book.
And a great review - thanks!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

i am just starting to read this book and i loved it already..thanks for sharing.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review, having had cancer myself, this is of interest to me.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Prisallen wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 14:24 I do think most plants will have a medicinal property if we just don't destroy them before we can discover its use. I understand the problems with getting money to do research since you can't get patents on natural plants, and, therefore, it isn't profitable for pharmaceutical companies. I hope she is successful in bringing this to light. Thank you for a very informative review!
This technique requires government support a lot of research to tap the full benefits out of it. Thanks for your comments!

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Tomah wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 17:06 I hadn't heard of Sylvie Beljanski or her father before, but I have to admit to being skeptical about some of these claims. Still, there's nothing better than hearing their side of the story and judging it for ourselves; critical thinking and evidence are some of the cornerstones of scientific thought, after all. Even though this portrayal seems rather one-sided, there's merit in confronting opposing views and trying to reach the best conclusion. Thanks for the review!
Yeah, looking both sides is the best way to judge something. And Sylvie's claim to use this natural technique holds water.
Thanks for commenting!

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Helen_Combe wrote: 29 Jun 2019, 05:46 Great review, having had cancer myself, this is of interest to me.
So you can understand this topic much better than anyone else.
Thanks for leaving a feedback!

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”