Review by Ekta Swarnkar -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Review by Ekta Swarnkar -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Blessed are those who have someone to provide all the love, support and care. Heartaches - Bad Boy Vibes is a tale that plunk for the above statement. The author of the book is H. M. Irwing. She very well knows to fuse her experiences with her imagination in the moulds of fictional literature. The book is an erotic love story forged in a dramatic outlook. The writer also cared to decorate the story with the glamor of fantasies. In 136 pages of the book, there is a beginning of a sweet love story and the return of the villains from the past, lurking to destroy them. The story involves love, lust, passion, heartbreak and betrayal.

The Story revolves around Anna Simmons, a teenage girl and Rafael Brown, an ex-commando of the Australian Army. Anna and Rafael both ruined, piece by piece, by their own people, tries to live a normal life. One night, on a spur of the moment, Anna was devastated, when she was betrayed by a person, whom she assumed her love of life. She lost her last hope of living. It is when Anna and Rafe met each other and their gripping story initiates. They both felt a spark for each other but, were too scared to confess. After some time, they fall for each other and the two souls united. The character of Anna is portrayed as a trepid girl, who is scared of everything, and people took advantage of her. In the story, she joined Military School, where she gained a new self-confidence in her. While, Rafe is portrayed as a vivid man, who is not scared of anything, but will he be scared when his terrible past returns, which he left behind? Is he pretending to be dauntless to hide from pain? Will he sacrifice the love of his life? Will Anna let him go? Or will they fight together for love? Anna is not going to leave the only source of happiness in her life, and Rafe is not giving up the love of his life.

I was more and more engaged in this book as the story flowed. Even though, it is a casual love sequence, but the description of the lives of the characters with every possible detail, gained the sympathetic side of me. I felt pity for Anna and Rafe, and this is something I think the effect of a quality writer has on his readers. I liked most about the writer was, her variations in shaping the main characters, yet, both are displayed with a broken heart and a shattered life. They were intense, passionate and focusable. The writer also put efforts in defining details about minute sections. I liked the part of the book, when Rafe expressed his feelings to Anna. The author presented him as an angel by his words, which made him my favorite character. A segment of the book also informs about the living standards of an army personnel. It tells about the discipline in army life. The language used by the writer is also convenient. She made use of graphical tone, while writing. The book was kind to me, with its varied vocabulary, it brought me another step close to more profound reading.

The title of the book served the plot of the story. Anna is epitomized as an improvement in self-empowerment. The story is nice and emotional, however, I also wish that the writer had spent more time in defining certain concepts like, the pressing of charges against Preston's. There were a couple of errors I pointed out, but if I haven't gone for a sincere read, the errors would have been unheeded by me. Furthermore, the text appeared fairly edited to me. The story will be appreciated by those adult readers, who are looking for a passionate love story with a twisted plot. However, the excess of sex might interfere in it becoming a choice for any ages.

I award the book Heartaches written by H. M. Irwing 3 out of 4 stars, for its incredible plotline, and well developed characters. The book was an enjoyable read to me. Above all, it was well executed.

Heartaches
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ekta Swarnkar's review? Post a comment saying so!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Thanks for the enthralling and enlightening review. I tried reading a book by the same author and I got bored reading it. I would also not read this book due to the excess sex scenes. I guess those who love romance books will enjoy reading it.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Kibetious wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 08:23 Thanks for the enthralling and enlightening review. I tried reading a book by the same author and I got bored reading it. I would also not read this book due to the excess sex scenes. I guess those who love romance books will enjoy reading it.
Yeah, maybe if the writer focused more on a happy ending, the book would be more interesting. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I liked how you described the way the author was able to evoke your pity towards Anna and Rafe. The descriptions of military life add a different dimension to the story. I would have liked the story more if there hadn't been so many graphic sexual scenes. Good review of this book!
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

kdstrack wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 15:59 I liked how you described the way the author was able to evoke your pity towards Anna and Rafe. The descriptions of military life add a different dimension to the story. I would have liked the story more if there hadn't been so many graphic sexual scenes. Good review of this book!
Thank you so much for taking time to read this review, I also wish if the writer intended to focus on the story more than sexual scenes.
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

I've read one of these novels later in the series and was totally unimpressed. It was very confusing and tepid. It is good to know the first novel had more to it than the follow ups. Your review was very nice.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

thaservices1 wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 11:56 I've read one of these novels later in the series and was totally unimpressed. It was very confusing and tepid. It is good to know the first novel had more to it than the follow ups. Your review was very nice.
I would rather say the story is weak, and because of the less developed concepts it turned out confusing. Thank you for stopping by and commenting!
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Anna and Rafe were betrayed by people whom they trusted. That is a devastating experience for anyone. I hope they will find the healing they need in each other.
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Miriam Molina wrote: 22 Jun 2019, 03:40 Anna and Rafe were betrayed by people whom they trusted. That is a devastating experience for anyone. I hope they will find the healing they need in each other.
I hope too. Thanks for your comment.
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thanks for the review; I'm glad you enjoyed it, and that there are still enjoyable aspects to the book.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

You do a good job of bringing out the positive aspects of this book. Thanks for your thorough review.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

gen_g wrote: 22 Jun 2019, 10:02 Thanks for the review; I'm glad you enjoyed it, and that there are still enjoyable aspects to the book.
Yes, you are right there are few things good about the book. Thanks for the comment.
😊
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 22 Jun 2019, 15:35 You do a good job of bringing out the positive aspects of this book. Thanks for your thorough review.
Thank you so much for reading my review and leaving a comment.😊
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I'm glad you enjoyed the story and I would look forward to reading it as well. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Wyland wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 02:32 I'm glad you enjoyed the story and I would look forward to reading it as well. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Of course you should read it, Thank you for your comment.😊

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”