Official Review: Lottie Loser by Dana L. Brown

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Lottie Loser by Dana L. Brown

Post by unamilagra »

Nisha Ward wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 11:47 This sounds pleasant, but pleasant isn't enough for me. Hopefully the sequels are better.
Thanks for stopping by!

Kelyn wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 15:32 I love a good plot twist but the lack of character development is a real disappointment. It's one of the primary things I look for in the books I read. I think I'll give this one a pass. Thanks for the honest review!
I agree. I actually do think the characters were decently developed, I just didn’t get what was so intriguing about her. Thanks for your comment!

Prisallen wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 16:22 I can see how it would make the book a little unbelievable if she seemed to be irresistible to all the eligible men. It seems like it was a good book otherwise, and it would be a nice, easy summertime read. Thanks for the wonderful review!
Thanks for your comments!

Renee_Prior1995 wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 16:41 Your description of the book makes it sound awesome. I do like sappy summer romances.
I hope you decide to check it out! Thanks for stopping by.

kdstrack wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 17:08 I like the way the author portrays Charlotte. We all know how easy it is to forget all those tips we read in the self-help books and fall into our old thinking patterns. That part of Charlotte seemed believable, but it seems like things took a turn from there. Thanks for your perspective on this book and this series. This was an enjoyable review!
I agree, I do think she was a realistic character. I just didn’t see her as the type to be snagging the most eligible man in town. Thanks for stopping by!

Wriley wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 20:56 This seems a different type romance book than I normally see. Just the cliffhanger ending is odd. I would probably read it except for this. I like my books to end with a finality.
Yeah, cliffhangers definitely aren’t for everyone. Thanks for commenting!

Mbrooks2518 wrote: 12 Jun 2019, 04:50 Although I'm intrigued by the twist ending, this isn't the type of book I generally read, so I think I'll pass. Great review, though!
Thanks for stopping by to comment!
Helene_2008
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helene-2008.html
Latest Review: Like A Mousetrap by Brandon Ellrich

Post by Helene_2008 »

Thank you for the review! Im interested in what the twist ending could be. I'm a true believer in first love never dies.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3031
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The book sounds a bit fascinating although not quite catchy for me. Thanks for the review though. It is well-written, and I am sure those who enjoy reading romance books will love reading this book after going through the review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
inaramid
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

Oh, dear. I was loving everything - up until that point where you mentioned the Mary Sue-ishness of the character. I thought the review was great, but I would have to pass on this one.
Scarlet Nicoll
Currently Reading: Churchill's Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare
Bookshelf Size: 216
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scarlet-nicoll.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah

Post by Scarlet Nicoll »

Gives a multi-dimensional feeling while reading. I wonder, if the true is more that what it appears to be. Sounds exciting! Thank you!
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Not really into romantic novels, but this sounded fun. However, the lack of depth on Charlotte's character made me not want to read this. Your review about it made it look like something refreshing to read. Thanks for this enlightening review! :tiphat:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

It happens so much these days that romance novels have these seemingly perfect protagonists. I suppose it helps the reader buy in to the perfect world with soulmates and riches and fairies and rainbows.
And then you get the real world :)
I loved your review!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
juliusotieno02
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: Aftermath
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotieno02.html
Latest Review: Read My Mind by Stephen McLeod

Post by juliusotieno02 »

Romance books are nice reads at time. The suspense you created at the end of the summary made me think of picking this book. I really hope her current stable relationship wont be affected by the presence of her ex. Thanks for the review.
Bury your dictionaries

The words you need
are in your heart
and the eyes
of the people
you love.
Charlyt
Favorite Book: The Night Circus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlyt.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Charlyt »

Hopefully, the next installments would give Charlotte more depth and let the readers get to know her better. Great review!
"It is neither fair nor unfair, Nobody Owens. It simply is." -NG
unamilagra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

Helene_2008 wrote: 12 Jun 2019, 20:51 Thank you for the review! Im interested in what the twist ending could be. I'm a true believer in first love never dies.
Thanks so much for your comment. As someone who married her high school sweetheart, I agree!

Kibetious wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 04:28 The book sounds a bit fascinating although not quite catchy for me. Thanks for the review though. It is well-written, and I am sure those who enjoy reading romance books will love reading this book after going through the review.
Thanks for your comment and the compliment!

inaramid wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 04:37 Oh, dear. I was loving everything - up until that point where you mentioned the Mary Sue-ishness of the character. I thought the review was great, but I would have to pass on this one.
Thank you for stopping by!

Scarlet Nicoll wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 06:42 Gives a multi-dimensional feeling while reading. I wonder, if the true is more that what it appears to be. Sounds exciting! Thank you!
Thanks for commenting!

briellejee wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 08:14 Not really into romantic novels, but this sounded fun. However, the lack of depth on Charlotte's character made me not want to read this. Your review about it made it look like something refreshing to read. Thanks for this enlightening review! :tiphat:
Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Bianka Walter wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 10:48 It happens so much these days that romance novels have these seemingly perfect protagonists. I suppose it helps the reader buy in to the perfect world with soulmates and riches and fairies and rainbows.
And then you get the real world :)
I loved your review!
Thank you for commenting and for the compliment!

juliusotieno02 wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 04:14 Romance books are nice reads at time. The suspense you created at the end of the summary made me think of picking this book. I really hope her current stable relationship wont be affected by the presence of her ex. Thanks for the review.
I hope you enjoy it if you decide to read it! Thanks for commenting.

Charlyt wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 08:36 Hopefully, the next installments would give Charlotte more depth and let the readers get to know her better. Great review!
I hope so too! Thanks for stopping by!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I loved your critique of Charlotte. And also that you noted how engaging it was to read from both the "Now" and "Then" viewpoints. Thank you for another great review!
sarahmarlowe
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

I don't generally read romances, so I will pass on this one. However, I did enjoy your review!! :)
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
Dentarthurdent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dentarthurdent.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dentarthurdent »

The unique ending sounds interesting. I love how thorough the review is, and how you've pointed out your issues with the book.
"I say what it occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things. More I cannot say"
--Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Charlotte is a very interesting character. But it's a bit disappointing to see cliffhanger ending. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

Sounds like a light read. Sadly i don't read romance genre but i can tell it from your review that the readers of this genre would love this book. Thanks a lot for the review :tiphat:
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”