Review by Kajori50 -- The Ultimate Island by Amit Offir

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 959
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Review by Kajori50 -- The Ultimate Island by Amit Offir

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Ultimate Island" by Amit Offir.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine a life where you can visit exotic locations every year. Doesn’t it sound fun? Well, it is not only fun, but also enriching. However, many of us do not get to live such a life. Amit Offir is one of those fortunate people who can take multiple vacations annually. In his book Malta, The Ultimate Island: A Traveler's Guide, Amit Offir has chronicled his experiences in the exotic island of Malta.

The book is divided into seven parts. Offir starts the book by giving a brief introduction about himself. Then, he moves on to expound on his philosophy of life and his love for traveling. Finally, he talks about his stay in Malta.

Malta is a picturesque location with a rich heritage. Offir's vivid writing captured its beauty perfectly. He used a conversational tone that instantly engaged the reader. He talked about the history, food, culture, diving sites, beaches, and landmark locations of Malta. He even added photographs taken during his stay in Malta to make the descriptions more relatable. This really made me want to visit Malta and view the sites for myself. The way he included historical facts and trivia is praiseworthy. I enjoyed reading about the multiple films and television shows that were shot on the island. It was interesting to know that many scenes from the Game of Thrones were shot in the walled city of Mdina. Also, I enjoyed reading about the Isle of MTV, an annual music festival held by MTV Europe. I loved the way each chapter started off with a quote from Napoleon Bonaparte. This added a certain historical flair.

If you ask me to point out a flaw in this book, I would talk about its lack of editing. I found more than ten errors. This does not allow me to grant a perfect rating to this book.

Overall, Malta, The Ultimate Island: A Traveler's Guide is an amazing travelogue that incites the reader to think about taking a trip to Malta. The best thing about the book is that Offir really enjoyed his stay Malta. He was able to have “a powerful, meaningful and unforgettable experience” in Malta which made the book all the more interesting.

Keeping in mind the pros and cons, I would rate Malta, The Ultimate Island: A Traveler's Guide 3 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to those who like reading travelogues. I believe people who are planning to visit Malta might want to keep this book handy.

The Ultimate Island
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kajori50's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

Thanks for an enjoyable ride via your review of this book @@Kajori50❤️only proves to show that you really had a great time reading it too🤗Best regards🙏
unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: into the willd
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

I know nothing about Malta and have never considered it as a vacation destination. It sounds like this book would help change all that for me. I like that it was told in a conversational tone and wasn't just a dry guidebook. Great, thorough review!
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine a life where you can visit exotic locations every year. Doesn’t it sound fun? Well, it is not only fun, but also enriching. However, many of us do not get to live such a life. Amit Offir is one of those fortunate people who can take multiple vacations annually. In his book Malta, The Ultimate Island: A Traveler's Guide, Amit Offir has chronicled his experiences in the exotic island of Malta.
Traveling without limits must be fascinating and, as you say, very enriching, allowing you to know other cultures and worldviews. Perhaps we can't physically do it but there lies the magic of books like this one. I don't know much about Malta, but I'd love to learn more, especially the historical and cultural trivia.
Hopefully, the book will get a better further edition.
Thank you for your review!
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

I've read this book, and found it really interesting. Malta is really a beautiful place. Great review
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

Malta sounds like a fascinating place. I would love to visit there. I will have to read this book if I ever get a chance to go. Thank you for a wonderful review!
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I am not much interested in this sort of books which are based on describing the surrounding environment. But I enjoyed your review. Thank you 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

I don't read travelogues but the day i will be going on vacation to Malta(and that is not going to happen anytime soon😅), i would surely read this.
Thanks a lot for the review :tiphat:
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott
Kaitlyn Canedy
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Travel books are not my cup of tea, but the author sounds super creative and I believe that anyone who enjoys learning about countries to travel to will like this book. Malta sounds like an exotic and interesting place. Congrats on the review!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”