Review by Kyoks -- Randy Love...at your service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kyoks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyoks.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Review by Kyoks -- Randy Love...at your service

Post by Kyoks »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

RANDY LOVE AT YOUR SERVICE.
by Shay Carter.
"Randy Love at your service" is about a family of John Love and Majorie Love whose children are Heather Love who is a graduate at Carbridge with a degree in architecture and secured a coveted position at Turner Wells Architects, James Love who is a professional solicitor and married to Flis Love with a daughter Annabel and finally Randy Love, graduated with a business degree, quite fun loving and a free spirit. John Love, the father is worried about his son, Randy's life and future, so he decides it's time to come in and help his son become a responsible man, not that person who is going to run and hide from illegimate children and mothers.

With his life at an edge, Randy takes on part time jobs, first at The Old Coach House Inn as a dishwasher for three hours and at Huffington Ladies College, doing work in the kitchen but finally gets a full time job with the help of Shelley from Background Recruitment,as a counter clerk from Stornford Building Society. Unfortunately before settling down, the landlord, Mickey writes to him about the eviction notice because the communal areas were not kept clean as it is required in the section 14 of the contract. The best of friends, Randy, Ian, Nadir, and Toby who went to Milton Grammar School together share unexpectional friendship that they usually hang out in bars celebrating birthdays, job promotions and their lives.

My favorite part of this book is where Randy, with the pressure and teasing conversations of Michael, his father's financial advisor and friend, talks him into taking on the offer of Nicky, his to be girlfriend, to stay at her place. Even when Randy claims that she drive him crazy. At last, Nicky takes Randy at her parents' home, sounds serious though unexpected of her even when Randy never seemed committed about relationships with women.

I have not seen anything to dislike about the book because it had taught me to stir up life to a responsible direction.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 because writing this book is more like a piece of motive and guidance, rescuing people and letting them know what they are good at and they are worthy. And that trying to escape what life has thrown back at you is not the solution, but rather standing firm and making a clear decision to face it. Everyone can read this book because it is a sensational one of a kind.

Randy Love...at your service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kyoks's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I agree that this books shows the importance of learning to be responsible. Randy was having a hard time growing up. Maybe Nicky can help him mature. I enjoyed your interesting comments on this book!
sarahmarlowe
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

I rate this book 3 out of 4 because writing this book is more like a piece of motive and guidance, rescuing people and letting them know what they are good at and they are worthy.
What a wonderful theme for a book! We all should remember to focus on the positive things in life.
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
Kyoks
Currently Reading:

Post by Kyoks »

:wink2: c
kdstrack wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 10:18 I agree that this books shows the importance of learning to be responsible. Randy was having a hard time growing up. Maybe Nicky can help him mature. I enjoyed your interesting comments on this book!
Thank you for taking your time to comment.
Kyoks
Currently Reading:

Post by Kyoks »

sarahmarlowe wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 11:55
I rate this book 3 out of 4 because writing this book is more like a piece of motive and guidance, rescuing people and letting them know what they are good at and they are worthy.
What a wonderful theme for a book! We all should remember to focus on the positive things in life.
Thank you for coming through and commenting.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Randy definitely sounds like he had some growing up to do as a person. It was interesting to see what you thought about this book. Still, I don't think it's for me. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Meg98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg98.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Meg98 »

I have read this book, and agree that it is one of a kind! I was a bit frustrated with Randy's flamboyant personality, but I understand your views of him and the story. Thanks for your review!
Oh love, never be afraid to fly :wink2:
Kyoks
Currently Reading:

Post by Kyoks »

kandscreeley wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 09:55 Randy definitely sounds like he had some growing up to do as a person. It was interesting to see what you thought about this book. Still, I don't think it's for me. Thanks!
Thank you for the comment.
Kyoks
Currently Reading:

Post by Kyoks »

:no-spoil:
Meg98 wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 21:02 I have read this book, and agree that it is one of a kind! I was a bit frustrated with Randy's flamboyant personality, but I understand your views of him and the story. Thanks for your review!
Thank you for coming through to comment.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like Randy definitely needed to grow up a little. I like the themes of standing firm and facing what life throws at you. I enjoyed reading your review!
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

Randy sounds like an interesting character! Thanks for your thoughtful review :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Agree, the teaches you some good lessons but these are hidden in rubbish attitude which Randy shows. Nice to see this review from a new perspective.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Thanks for the review. It’s good that the book includes life lessons.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Kyoks
Currently Reading:

Post by Kyoks »

Prisallen wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 12:12 This sounds like Randy definitely needed to grow up a little. I like the themes of standing firm and facing what life throws at you. I enjoyed reading your review!
Thank you for commenting.
Kyoks
Currently Reading:

Post by Kyoks »

Bianka Walter wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 13:07 Randy sounds like an interesting character! Thanks for your thoughtful review :)
Thank you for commenting.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”