Review by Kister Bless -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by Kister Bless -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of ...

Post by Kister Bless »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko is an amazing science fiction/fantasy book written by Matthew Tysz. It's the second book in the series of We are Voulhire. The plot of the book is divided into two parts whereby the first part is about Galen Bray's experience in Virko and the second part is about the plot of Meldorath.

Virko is one of the most admired places in the city of Voulhire where people live in harmony and the laborer's labor without tiring and hence the harvest is in plenty. Virko is on its way to great change and the sickly lord and founder of the great city, Venden Hrelek, decides that the captain appointed by the king would be better to run the city instead of its own lord. Hans Hrelek, lord Venden's son, plots his own plans regarding the city. Virko holds a great secret right in its heart but all those who reside in the city have no hint about the secret. Eventually, darkness covers the city. Will Virko survive these dark times? Read the book to find out.

Galen Bray, who is still finding his place in Voulhire, arrives at Virko, in the midst of its turbulent transition, as an opportunity to serve his country is calling from the incredibly successful city. Galen finds himself in a different world from his usual one, a world where lord Meldorath is back with techniques and use of magic in an ill manner. As he follows the opportunity to help his country, Galen stumbles in the midst of great chaos. How did he pull through? What was his experience in the new land?

I liked We are Voulhire The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz because of many reasons. First, it has so many lessons that we can learn from. Secondly, the book has the ability to keep a reader attached to it from the beginning to the end. Also, I liked how the author intermingled magic and the world of Galen Bray. Last but not least, the book had great themes which include religion, game for power, science, and magic. This book had no downside. It was interesting and I enjoyed every bit of it and thus had no reason to dislike it.

I rate We are Voulhire The Fires of Virko 4 out of 4 stars because the characters were well-developed and admirable. An example is Galen Bray who progresses into discovering his true self and Kayden Morgan who remains noble and kind despite his wealth. Its storyline is great and it keeps a reader turning pages on and on. Also, the dialogues in the book are short and relevant. However, I did not give it 3 out of 4 stars because there is a map at the beginning of the book, page two, which aids the readers to have a picture of where the events took place. Also, the book was professionally edited because there were no grammatical errors. This book is suitable for readers who love science fiction/fantasy books. However, it might not be suitable for readers with vivid imaginations because there are swear words and some gore in the book.

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kister Bless's review? Post a comment saying so!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

I'm still trying to make my mind up about this series. Thanks for the information - I'm glad to hear that it's well edited and that character development is on point.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I can certainly see why you would give it 4 out of 4 stars as it seems to have a lot going for it. I really enjoyed reading your wonderful review!
Kister Bless

Post by Kister Bless »

inaramid wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 08:14 I'm still trying to make my mind up about this series. Thanks for the information - I'm glad to hear that it's well edited and that character development is on point.
You should make up your mind and try it. It won't disappoint you. Thanks for stopping by.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Kister Bless

Post by Kister Bless »

Prisallen wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 14:01 I can certainly see why you would give it 4 out of 4 stars as it seems to have a lot going for it. I really enjoyed reading your wonderful review!
Thanks so much for your comment. The book was worth the rating.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”