Official Review: Breaking The Stupid Mold by Tania Kolar

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Official Review: Breaking The Stupid Mold by Tania Kolar

Post by Samy Lax »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Breaking The Stupid Mold" by Tania Kolar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Breaking The Stupid Mold by Tania Kolar is a book that inspires readers to rise above limiting thoughts and take control of their lives. In this book, Kolar reveals some of her most painful memories and relates how she succeeded in regaining her sense of self worth that she had completely lost somewhere along the way. This book will open your eyes to the simple yet powerful ways that can be adopted to move beyond limitation and challenges and build a life of greatness for yourself, which is something you rightfully deserve.

I was sucked into the book right from when I started reading it. Breaking The Stupid Mold shares highly inspirational and motivational content and information that you won’t find anywhere else. The author was violently attacked once by a stranger, which made the police believe that there was someone out there who had hired the attacker to kill her. She describes how this made her question everything and made her live a sub-optimal life. It is only upon eventual analysis that she was able to discover that there was a “mold,” shaped by this negative experience (and several other minor ones), that had been controlling all her decisions in life and was actually reinforcing all her limitations. Since she recognizes how much of a struggle living restricted by a mold is and the amount of effort, time, and mental strength that she had to invest to break that mold, the author—in this book—shares everything you need to do in order to not be defeated by challenges in life. She shares her insights on how we can put an end to the journey along the road to negativity, roping in the powers of our intuition and making the most of the support and guidance of the Universe.

The examples of incidents from her life that the author shares with us to help us relate to her life lessons are incredible. In her writing, she follows the approach of sharing how she built some limiting beliefs for herself over the years, followed by how she came to the root of those beliefs in order to get over them. For instance, she shares how she had dropped an entire stack of her father’s vinyl records on her big toe and had been hurt; however, she hadn’t dared to express how badly her toe was hurt as she thought she had dropped the vinyl records due to her stupidity, and so showing vulnerability would just expose her lack of logic even more. To a third person, this might sound ridiculous, but if you really think about it, you will realize that we all have been in similar situations and our negative conditioning has often stood in the way of our expressing ourselves.

Kolar omits no details and pours her heart out into this book in a wonderful effort to resonate with her readers who might have missed the benefit of having a mentor who could point them in the right direction and lift them out of the rut they were stuck in. She brings in a lot of the teachings from the law of attraction as well and creates something called an affirmitude—the powerful combination of gratitude plus affirmation that is designed to make us take action, confront emotions, and regain control of our lives. She also offers an entire chapter of affirmitudes that we can leverage for different situations in our life.

This book seems to have only a handful of typographical errors—nothing that detracts too much from the reading experience. The author clearly explains how the mold that surrounds us could possibly be hiding our real innate worth and inner light from the world—much like how plaster used to initially hide the solid gold that the Golden Buddha of Thailand is made of. She asks some hard-hitting questions that help us identify where we lack in self-esteem and shares some techniques, such as the ACT (Accepting Compliment Technique), to help us recognize our own value. Taking all these points into consideration, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Anyone who is looking to identify the obstacles they have created for themselves and then successfully let them go will enjoy reading this well-compiled book. The details included by the author and her easy to understand language are incredible and succeed in peeling off layer after layer of negative conditioning we have subjected ourselves to over the years. You will understand why forgiveness is not giving in or giving up but is, rather, enabling love to replace the negativity in your life. Many of us who have never stumbled upon gratitude practices and believe them to be a passing fad may flinch when we read the author’s thoughts about how gratitude and affirmations are the most important things we need to help us elevate our life; however, once done reading the book, it will be difficult for any of us to deny the verity of the knowledge she imparts.

Breaking The Stupid Mold
View: on Bookshelves

Like Samy Lax's review? Post a comment saying so!
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Mai Tran
Currently Reading: What's Your Favorite Color?
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mai-tran.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Mai Tran »

I figure it's hard to look outside the box when you're inside it. It sounds like an inspirational book about rising above the barriers that we have built ourselves. I'd love to check out this book some time. Thank you for the review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Wow! This sounds quite powerful. I believe all our experiences shape us, and I'm curious as to how we can best break free of those negative thoughts. Thanks so much for the information on this one.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Samy Lax

Post by Samy Lax »

TuyetMai wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 02:00 I figure it's hard to look outside the box when you're inside it. It sounds like an inspirational book about rising above the barriers that we have built ourselves. I'd love to check out this book some time. Thank you for the review.
Yes, do try to read this one. It will just add to our positive thinking. Thanks a lot for stopping by and leaving a comment!
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Post by Radiant3 »

This sounds like a great book to help overcome self-imposed negativity. Thanks for the thorough review.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The author's compelling story supports the advice she shares in this book. It doesn't seem like it would be easy, but it is doable. I think her suggestions would be helpful in a wide range of situations. It is hard to break out of mold we have cemented yourselves into. Thanks for your review.
CyndiA1
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyndia1.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CyndiA1 »

The title caught my eye, but I know that's not a good way to pick a book. After reading your review, I just know I'd love this book. Thanks for sharing.
Samy Lax

Post by Samy Lax »

kandscreeley wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 11:42 Wow! This sounds quite powerful. I believe all our experiences shape us, and I'm curious as to how we can best break free of those negative thoughts. Thanks so much for the information on this one.
It's so true. Our childhood experiences, especially, play a major role in molding our behavior and beliefs. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I like the discussion on how one can build their self-worth and over come limiting challenges. Thanks for the nice review.
Samy Lax

Post by Samy Lax »

Radiant3 wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 10:03 This sounds like a great book to help overcome self-imposed negativity. Thanks for the thorough review.
That's exactly what it is, and the book is an asset to all of us living the "modern" life. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!
Samy Lax

Post by Samy Lax »

kdstrack wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 11:48 The author's compelling story supports the advice she shares in this book. It doesn't seem like it would be easy, but it is doable. I think her suggestions would be helpful in a wide range of situations. It is hard to break out of mold we have cemented yourselves into. Thanks for your review.
It definitely is doable, and her positivity adds to our confidence that we can do it. Thanks a lot for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Samy Lax

Post by Samy Lax »

CyndiA1 wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 14:55 The title caught my eye, but I know that's not a good way to pick a book. After reading your review, I just know I'd love this book. Thanks for sharing.
I am sure you would enjoy the book. It's really simple to read and you could finish the whole thing with a cup of tea in your hand. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!
Samy Lax

Post by Samy Lax »

Wyland wrote: 10 Jun 2019, 02:48 I like the discussion on how one can build their self-worth and over come limiting challenges. Thanks for the nice review.
Yes, the author talks in depth about ways in which we can (quite easily) increase our self-worth. I am glad you could read the review. Thank you so much for your comment!
Kyoks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyoks.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Kyoks »

The entire review is well written and descriptive to what the book is about. I enjoyed reading it. Rising beyond and above all obstacles and hindering things in our lives is the best option to identify and recover your self.
phills
Currently Reading: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by phills »

Breaking The Stupid Mold" by Tania Kolar.
This book is a perfect recommendation for some individuals who normally feel inferior, and timid in the mist of their age group.. I have seen the worst of "Stupid mold" among peer group
The content Exposes the negative behaviour attached to human life and it also explains possible ways which a timid fellow can over come the very mold which could lead to lack of expression, and stand up for challenges when it matters most...

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”