Review by ferry flawless -- We are Voulhire: The Fires o...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ferry flawless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferry-flawless.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by ferry flawless -- We are Voulhire: The Fires o...

Post by ferry flawless »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko has been written by Matthew Tysz.
Virko was an industrial city in Voulhire. It was founded and looked after by Lord Venden Hrelek. He was the ruler of that city and he very much wanted it to be a successful and prosperous city. He tried to teach his son, Hans Hrelek (known to his friends as Folcro) about the skill of leadership but he failed to do so because Folcro was involved in some other activity. He had discovered a trapdoor which contained dark secrets and a demon inhabited there. While on his deathbed, Lord Venden began to worry about the fate of Virko so, he appointed Michael Mendus to be captain of all the army of Virko.
Virko being an industrial city bought all the iron from Alcovia. The Land of Princes also needed the iron so the mayor of the city sent Gale Galen to bargain for iron in Virko just like his uncle had done before. Agreeing to the mayor, Galen set off for Virko along with a monk; Demetrius, and Rowan. At first Demetrius refused to visit his homeland but after being politely asked by Galen, he made up his to go with them. There in Virko, they seek help from an old schoolfellow of Demetrius; Kayden Morgan. He directed them to Lord Venden himself who lived in Ballerhall. There they came face to face with the demon itself and the lord personally asked them to help him keep his son away from the evil.
They tried to seek help from the church about that matter but they appeared extremely non serious. Will they ever be able to send the demon back to hell; the place it belongs to? And will they be able to bargain for iron for saving the fate of their city? The story is all about Virko and its enemies who want to seize the throne and rule the city.
The best thing about the story was the link between all the characters. Almost all the characters shared a past with one another and were later separated into different paths. I also liked the little humor on the pages of the book. The characters were truly amazing and it was fun reading the story. It contained many twists and turns which made the story good to read. I particularly liked the plot of the story along with the simple words used by the author to make the story really interesting. I enjoyed a lot while reading the book and I am sure that others would have as much joy as I had.
I’d like to rate the book 4 out of 4. It was very well-written and fault proof. I think people who like reading magical, fantasy and demon related novels would love to read this book. I think this book is fit to be called a masterpiece.

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ferry flawless's review? Post a comment saying so!
Renee_Prior1995
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-prior1995.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Renee_Prior1995 »

Overall this was a good review. I could not tell the paragraphs apart. they are supposed to have a space in between. But i do indeed plan to read this book series once i finish my current one.
"From what I have tasted of desire,
I hold those who favor fire.
but if I had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate.
To say that the destruction of ice is also great
and will suffice." - Robert Frost

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”