Review by Renetio -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Renetio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renetio.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Review by Renetio -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by Renetio »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who Told You That You Were Naked? A Refreshing Reexamination of the garden of Eden by William E. Combs unfolds the relationship that Adam and Eve had with God. He explains the events that took place in the garden as if he was there. The book starts in the garden of Eden showing us how the serpent(the devil) deceived Eve. The deception of Eve forced her to convince Adam to eat the fruit as well despite knowing that it was forbidden. The author explains that after Adam and Eve ate the fruit, they became conscious of their nakedness which was never a problem before they consumed of the forbidden fruit. After they committed this act, it then separated Adam and Eve from the intimacy with God.This lawlessness affected all humanity living on earth, every mortal living on earth became enemies with God. At the end, the author elaborates on how humanity could be reconciled to God the creator.

The thoughts, ideas and suggestions in Who Told You That You Were Naked? A Refreshing Reexamination of the garden of Eden , are supported by quotations of biblical scriptures.
This book consists of ten chapters and 223 pages. Each chapter has sub-headings which unfold the context of what the author reveals in each of the chapters. Each chapter carries an interesting topic, in each chapter the author included Study questions which I believe is for giving the reader a chance to meditate and gain more knowledge. In some of the chapters, William E. Combs shares some of his personal experiences based on his relationship with his wife. What I loved the most about this book is how he used biblical references to support the revelations he shared in the book. The stories that William E. Combs shared were too long to read and tricking in some sentences, which I did not like about the book.

I rate this book4 out of 4 because I find it to be professionally edited although I picked some inconsistencies. There’s a part where the author mentions a character called Joshua but the supporting scripture talks about Jesus. I think the author used Joshua instead of Jesus because in the Bible dictionary these names have the same meaning which means savior. But this scenario did not hinder me from enjoying the book. I will recommend this book for people of all ages especially those who seek hidden truth about the Christian faith. This book will be very helpful for those who seek to understand how God corrected the sin that took place in the garden of Eden and how to reconcile and have peace with the creator.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Renetio's review? Post a comment saying so!
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Now it seems that one red apple opened the man and woman's (Adam and Eve respectively) eyes to be fully aware of their nudity. Great review.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Renetio
Currently Reading:

Post by Renetio »

Agnes098 wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 13:39 Now it seems that one red apple opened the man and woman's (Adam and Eve respectively) eyes to be fully aware of their nudity. Great review.
There was a mystery that was hidden in that fruit, which is the ability to see deeper things, they were actually clothed by the glory of God, eating of the fruit separated them from the divine garments
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I assume this one is more a nonfiction book then. I'm not a religious person, so this one is out for me. Thank your reviewing!
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a very interesting book dealing with the Garden of Eden and the first sin. Thank you for your informative review!
Renetio
Currently Reading:

Post by Renetio »

Prisallen wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 17:10 This sounds like a very interesting book dealing with the Garden of Eden and the first sin. Thank you for your informative review!
That is true, because the garden of Eden carries the origin of humanity, it reveals the cause of what we see today that began there. God giving instruction and by breaking them resulted into punishment. That is why even nowadays woman give birth through pain. It all started in the garden of Eden.
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed the book like me, Thanks for the review!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I like how you point out the emergence of sin and the part God played in correcting it. Thanks for the review.
Renetio
Currently Reading:

Post by Renetio »

Ekta Swarnkar wrote: 10 Jun 2019, 07:05 I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed the book like me, Thanks for the review!
Iike wise dear, i also learned alot and discovered alot of hidden truths.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

Great book, I just read it. It is very inspiring.
Renetio
Currently Reading:

Post by Renetio »

Orizon wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 10:47 Great book, I just read it. It is very inspiring.
indeed,it brings more Clarity on the biblical context.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

Renetio wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 15:15
Orizon wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 10:47 Great book, I just read it. It is very inspiring.
Yes, Clarity in a new dimension. I think the author is blessed with spiritual knowledge
Renetio
Currently Reading:

Post by Renetio »

Orizon wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 16:04
Renetio wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 15:15
that is true. Because such knowledge is enlightening the eyes of our understanding of the deep things of God.

Yes, Clarity in a new dimension. I think the author is blessed with spiritual knowledge

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”