Does the book change your religeous beliefs?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
J3nni315
Currently Reading: Music to My Ears (Pre-Release Beta Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j3nni315.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Re: Does the book change your religeous beliefs?

Post by J3nni315 »

No, the book does not change my religious beliefs, because those cannot be shaken.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

It does not change my religious belief. I guess he is meant to fulfill the scripture, so he is a betrayer.
Daniel_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Daniel_ »

Well in my opinion, Judas is a human just like anyone of us and so subject to temptation, however chose to fill in the space of the "The Betrayer". Anyway, this doesn't change my beliefs.
Daniel_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Daniel_ »

The book changes nothing for me as we all have to right to choose and hold on to our beliefs.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

No, it does not change my belief, I have grown up with this belief.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

No, it didn't change my beliefs. I am not offended by it. I think because I can treat it as pure fiction.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

Laura Bach wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 14:29 No, it didn't change my beliefs. I am not offended by it. I think because I can treat it as pure fiction.
Ha! The whole idea behind my writing it was to bring as much fact as possible to the heart of the matter: salvation. Read my first book, The Bible says Saviors - Obadiah 1:21. That might help it make sense. I was not trying to cover everything in 100 pages! Just the new information.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Browlyns wrote: 30 May 2019, 03:18 No my belief is strongly intact, you cannot change someone's mind with only circumstantial evidence and conspiracy theory.
Sorry, this is not what I was doing. I was writing a comparison of TEXTS. It is a specific genre of Bible study.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

Well, the author in depth research and insight was great. However, the book does not change my religious belief if who Judas is.
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Daniel_ wrote: 31 May 2019, 15:01 Well in my opinion, Judas is a human just like anyone of us and so subject to temptation, however chose to fill in the space of the "The Betrayer". Anyway, this doesn't change my beliefs.
The whole point of the book is that Judas was not a human being. He is literary fiction, just like Oz, Harry Potter or Bilbo Baggins.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Vscholz wrote: 01 May 2019, 20:19
LoisCHenderson wrote: 01 May 2019, 07:27 No, it doesn't change my beliefs as such, but merely confirms them. I've always felt deeply about the so-called 'betrayal' of Judas, and thought that he has been maligned for the pivotal role that he played in Jesus's death. According to the Christian view, Christ had to die on the cross to redeem mankind from their sins. Judas was the catalyst and proponent of the Resurrection.
Very interesting belief! It isn't one that is frequently discussed, I don't think, but it is important to remember that Jesus HAD to be crucified. His death allows future generations entrance into Heaven. That being said, Judas played his role. (I'm not super knowledgeable on religions--I find them fascinating but I'm far from a scholar in the field.)
Nobody dies to facilitate redemption. That is a Pauline Church myth. Read Hosea 6:6.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Browlyns wrote: 30 May 2019, 03:18 No my belief is strongly intact, you cannot change someone's mind with only circumstantial evidence and conspiracy theory.
Textual analysis is not "circumstantial." And my book is not a "conspiracy theory." Please don't deride what you have not read.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

chiefsimplex wrote: 20 May 2019, 08:04 No, not at all.In fact, after reading the arguments in this book i felt even stronger in my belief that Judas was a traitor. In challenging such a grand and immutable fact, the author's attempt was pathetic.
The betrayal of Christ is anything but an established 'fact.' Just because somebody wrote "Holy Bible" on a book cover does not mean it is.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

chelhack wrote: 21 May 2019, 23:14 No, the book does not sway my beliefs one way or the other. There are way too many people coming up and or out with new theories. So to let one change what I believe is just not gonna happen.
You do realize that one could say this very thing about the New Testament itself?
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

DogoMulla wrote: 14 May 2019, 20:32
Brandy C wrote: 01 May 2019, 12:46
Balazon2000 wrote: 01 May 2019, 10:56 If one book could change your religious outlook then, in my opinion you are not strong in your faith. So, the answer to the question, for me, is no.
I totally agree! If the book changes your beliefs then you already had doubts and were leaning that way. If your faith is strong nothing will change or shake it.
I SECOND! Anyone can write and research about anything nowadays. We must stand firm. It wont be the first time something is said or written that contradicts THE TRUTH and it wont be the last.
So what exactly is it that you think makes my book the wrong book, and not the Bible?

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”