Review by Maria Kozomara -- Randy Love...at your service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marija Kozomara
Favorite Book: Yesterday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marija-kozomara.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review by Maria Kozomara -- Randy Love...at your service

Post by Marija Kozomara »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Randy Love... at your service by Shay Carter is an interesting and funny story about a British young man named Randy Love, handsome and attractive guy, and also very self-confident, especially with women around, but without much ambition. There is a difference between him and his older brother and sister, who are very successful, because Randy didn't have a vision of the successful career, he is like an eternal child.

Randy is the youngest child in a very good family, and always enjoyed the attention and support of loved ones, so he didn't care too much about anything. He enjoyed his young years without a goal, until the day when he decided to leave the family house and try to find his way without reliance on his family and friends. He decided to go to the agency where he applied for temporary jobs, noting that he is open to all good offers, although he was not qualified. This was the beginning of the very interesting journey of young Randy, a charming young man who could make every woman fall in love with him and it was his pleasure.

However, he had no idea how difficult is to go through life alone, to search for an apartment, to be responsible for everything, and manage to earn money for all needs. When he got an offer to get employed at a bank in London, it became his star guide and motivation for learning and progression. Carter enjoyed describing the interesting situations in Randy's life and how he managed to find a solution for all the difficulties he encountered. Through the book, the reader can meet many characters who followed Randy on his path in the search of life's meaning.

In particular, I found an interesting part in his relationship with Nicky. Of all characters, I was attracted by that one girl, who loved Randy with all his good and bad sides, and gave great support to him. The book can be interesting for young people because it is full of fun and easy for reading, but there are also explicit descriptions with a sexual connotation, so it's not for everyone. In the end, Randy found himself and learnt that people can be loved even the way they are. It was the main message I realized after reading the book.

Regarding the way of writing, I noticed that the writer very often used pluperfect tense of the verb form, but I didn't notice any spell or grammar mistake. Although the book is funny and easy to read, it's not too interesting to keep my attention all the time. That's why I give 2 out of 4 stars to Randy Love... at your service, but with note that reading of this book had sense.

Randy Love...at your service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Maria Kozomara's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans!" - John Lennon 🙃🙃🙃
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

I read this book for a review too. It is so strange, funny and boring at this same time.

Anyway, great review.
Marija Kozomara
Favorite Book: Yesterday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marija-kozomara.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Marija Kozomara »

SunVixen wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 15:53 I read this book for a review too. It is so strange, funny and boring at this same time.

Anyway, great review.
Thanks. 🙂
I agree with you. 🙂🙂🙂 But, sometimes we have to read books like this one.
"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans!" - John Lennon 🙃🙃🙃

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”