Review by amjohnson13mommy -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amjohnson13mommy.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Review by amjohnson13mommy -- The Biblical Clock

Post by amjohnson13mommy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity With God's Plan by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon talks about how both religion and science are responsible for the formation of the Universe and the appearance of life on earth. A note from the author tells us in general people believe in one of three perspectives about origins the Universe. We are then promised to be taken through an intriguing journey along which the answers to their religious and scientific study unfold.

I found the first few chapters boring because I am not a religious person. But even though I am not interested in science either, I found the methods used for scientifically calculating the age of the universe interesting. I also appreciated the picture of the Hubble Telescope, it took my breath away for a moment! Most of the other pictures I just glanced at because they were there.

Interestingly enough when the time of day God started to work was altered in the biblical creation process the amount of time they came up with was remarkably close to the scientific calculations. And when this formula was used for two other events they matched scientific measurements. Age of all planets except the earth were matched.

It is thought that these findings "...will at last bring together atheists and believers in a harmonious agreement about the earth's creation" (location 1228). I think this is a beautiful dream. But doubt religion and science will ever completely agree on anything!

Research found that they were not the first ones to try and relate religious and scientific time lines. In 1853 Phillip Henry Gosse wrote a book he believed would resolve the dispute between religious and scientific beliefs. His book, Creation, did not go over well.

I also found it interesting that a factory making jeans can make jeans to look how you want them, such as faded or ripped, is compared to why science shows the earth being older than it is (location 1335 to 1354). The thing I found most interesting was that until reading this book I did not know that Sir Isaac Newton was not only a scientist but also studied and wrote about his religious beliefs.

One thing I did not care for was that the authors keeps saying later in the book that the dead will be resurrected. I thought they were trying to show that biblical and scientific time lines were very close. But every time it is said the dead will come back to life I think of zombie movies! Does this mean anyone who ever died will rise from the grave? Or just those who believe in God?

As I stated, I am not a religious or scientific person so I appreciated the glossary at the end. This book was well written and organized, I did not find any errors so it must have been professionally edited. Anyone interested in creation timelines or just when the earth was born would enjoy this book as I did. Therefore The Biblical Clock deserves a 4 out of 4 .

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like amjohnson13mommy's review? Post a comment saying so!
amjohnson13
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

That kind of stuff interests me, so I might give the book a try. It's good to hear that it seems to be professionally edited too. Thank you for providing such a full and interesting review!
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

I read one of his books, but I'm doubtful on t evidence. I will try this one. Thanks.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I am fascinated with your reference of the author scientifically calculating the age of the universe. It's intriguing to think that the author could possibly bring religion and science together with his theories and information. I really enjoyed your review!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I think this book sounds fascinating. I would love to see how science and religion coincide. I shall have to add it to my to-read list. Thanks for a wonderful review!
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:

It was more fascinating than I thought it would be when I started it. I agree it is interesting how he was able to make scientific and religious timelines coincide.
amjohnson13
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

It's good to note that you've found this piece's value even though the themes weren't your normal preferences. Thank you for your interesting review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:

Thank you for your words of kindness. Whether I agree with someone or not I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions. The book was well researched and very well written. So even though I do no share the writers beliefs, I respect them.
Plus I found the equations used interesting.
amjohnson13
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

Thought I'd drop in and check out your review! Nice job! Sounds like a very interesting book! To answer your question I don't think they will be corpses per say, but one day we will all stand in judgement.
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:

It is more interesting than I figured it would be!
And Thank you for paying such close attention to my review. I never expected anyone to answering my question about the dead rising.
You seem to know the bible. I think you may find it interesting how Friedmann's formula was able to match biblical and scientific timelines. Check it out!
amjohnson13
juliusotieno02
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: Aftermath
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotieno02.html
Latest Review: Read My Mind by Stephen McLeod

Post by juliusotieno02 »

Religion and science not contrasting but agreeing to form a block of theories to explain phenomena sounds great. This is my pick. Thanks for the great review
Bury your dictionaries

The words you need
are in your heart
and the eyes
of the people
you love.
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:

Thank you for agreeing that science and religion finally not contradicting each other is an interesting topic. Hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.
amjohnson13
Lisa A Rayburn
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I'm not really one for religion-based books so I will probably pass. The argument between religion and science has been ongoing probably for centuries. I'm not sure they will ever agree, at least not completely. I enjoyed reading your review, thanks!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:

Actually, only the first few chapters address religious figures. The rest, the author speaks of how using his formula shows religious and scientific timelines are almost identical.
I thought this book would be boring but found it quite interesting. I am not interested in religion either so this book may pleasantly surprise you too.
Thanks for sharing.
amjohnson13
C-obi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-obi.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by C-obi »

The review by amjohnson13mommy was Wow! But his thoughts on the resurrection of the dead, as zombies coming to life, was quite out of place. Other than that, the review was a beautiful one.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”