Official Review: Unlock Your Inner Warrior

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Official Review: Unlock Your Inner Warrior

Post by Jgideon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Unlock Your Inner Warrior" by Tricia Andreassen.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many people go through life without ever knowing how much power lies within them. Tricia Andreassen wrote Unlock Your Inner Warrior to help people realize that they have a very powerful force within them. The inner warrior can beat all odds, overcome all the hurdles in life, and cause a major shift in one’s life.

The book consists of sixteen well-written chapters. Andreassen uses the first two chapters to recount the spiritual journey that led her to discover her inner warrior. In the rest of the chapters, different people give their testimonies about the most defining things and events in their lives. Their stories revolve around the awakening and strengthening of their inner warrior.

I liked that the author allowed other people to share their stories through the book. Most of the self-help books that I have read do not always give room for other people to voice their opinions. The different testimonies from different people made the book very interesting to read. I found myself looking forward to reading the next chapter in the book to find out more about what someone else had to say about the inner warrior.

Sprinkled throughout the book are Bible verses that help to strengthen the message therein. All the co-authors of the book are strong Christians who believe in the transforming power of the finished work of the Cross. Christians who are going through tough situations will find this very helpful. One of the stories that really touched my heart was by Taffiney Nolan Williams. She was married in her teenage years to an abusive and adulterous husband. The sour relationship between them almost drove her to death. She had become depressed and did not value herself. Her husband had told her that she would never get anywhere in life without him. That changed when she accepted Jesus Christ into her life. I share in her newly found belief that “the value and purpose of a creation can only be determined by the creator.”

Since the author was determined to help the reader unlock his/her inner warrior, she designed study questions at the end of every chapter. The questions probe the reader to look deep in his/her soul and identify the inner voice within him/her. This would be very helpful in internalizing the lessons learned from the book.

Another feature of the book that I really loved was the inclusion of contacts of the author and the co-authors. This will enable readers to follow their favorite characters in the book through their social media platforms. I am sure they will get more than what is offered in the book through such platforms.

The only setback is that the book contained several grammatical mistakes. I had to deduct a star for that. Therefore, I gave the book 3 out of 4 stars. A fine editor could easily eliminate the errors. Although the book is based on Christian values, anyone who is going through the stormy seas of life will find it useful.

Unlock Your Inner Warrior
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jgideon's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds like it would almost make a great devotional. I love that it's from a Christian perspective and has study questions for reflection. It sounds like something I could sink my teeth into, as I would like to unlock my inner warrior. I think the editing issues I could overlook. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Rachel Lea
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-lea.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rachel Lea »

I agree with you, I enjoy how the author of Unlock Your Inner Warrior includes other people's stories in her book so that you can hear their opinions and points of view as well as her own. I think that makes for a more well-rounded message. Thanks for your review!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one." -- George R.R. Martin :techie-studyingbrown:
ElizaBeth Adams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-adams.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Door by Haley Quinn

Post by ElizaBeth Adams »

I like the inclusion of co-authors. It sounds like one would have access to a team of support this way. I love it when people use their hardest times in life to encourage others. Great review!
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Great review! I like how the author had others contribute to the book.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

Seems like a good Christian motivational book. It's a selfless act from the author to allow others share their story in this book. However, I'll pass on this one now. Thanks for the succinct summary.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Your review is wonderful. And the book sounds like a good read. Trully as people we must awaken our inner warriors.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Brendan Donaghy
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

Think I'll give this one a miss, as I don't really like self-help books. Besides, I'm not sure I have an inner warrior, more of an inner worrier, perhaps. :)
KwambokaArrie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwambokaarrie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by KwambokaArrie »

great review. i have been interested in self-help books recently so i think i will give this one a try. it makes even interesting that the other has also involved other people as well.
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amjohnson13mommy.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by amjohnson13mommy »

So is the author trying to say everyone who is a Christian has an inner warrior? Can a person only find their inner warrior if they accept Jesus Christ and why only Christians? Can non-believers find an inner warrior?
I am not religious so I will not read this book. It sounds too preachy!
amjohnson13
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I wonder about the mixture of looking inside yourself for your own inner warrior and then using the Bible that teaches us to look outside ourselves for strength (to God and Jesus). I would be interested in seeing which way these stories lean. Great review.
DogoMulla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dogomulla.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by DogoMulla »

One thing that has endeared me to Unlock Your Inner Warrior is the fact that it's interactive. When one sees how the book and what it stands for has changed the lives of real people in real time, it makes all the difference. Well-done review!
CyndiA1
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyndia1.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CyndiA1 »

I think the warrior theme is cliche, so I doubt I'd be interested in this book. I did enjoy your review though.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”