Review by Lana Shea -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lana Shea
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lana-shea.html
Latest Review: The End-Time Foretellers by Ran Weber

Review by Lana Shea -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Lana Shea »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight is a book about seeking spiritual enlightenment. This is a unique take on spirituality. A single vision starts him on this amazing journey when he dives deep within himself to discover the true meaning of life. The Unbound Soul is an intriguing read served with many layers of information. I enjoyed reading this book.

As a child, Richard Haight envisioned that Jesus appeared and asked him to find the “Bones of Christ.” From this moment on, the author spent his life on this quest. He never gave up no matter what obstacles were put in his way. This inspirational book promotes love, peace, and harmony. It offers many meaningful insights on how to care for your body, mind, and soul.

This book is divided into four parts. In the first part, Richard Haight explains his background and how he begins the path of discovery. The second part is about the concepts. He introduces and explains his methods including "Unfoldment" and the "Dance of Self." Part three focuses on applying these methods to one’s daily life. Lastly, part four focuses on achieving spiritual enlightenment. Richard Haight has finally found the answers he spent his entire life looking for.

Grammatically, the book appears to have been professionally edited. I noted very few grammatical errors. However, the language was wordy and a little distracting. I found myself re-reading sentences and at times entire passages to understand the content. The author has also included a glossary, which I found very helpful.

What I loved the most about this story is that it is not only for spiritual people. There is something in it for everyone to appreciate. Many of these lessons are suggestions to improve one’s life and happiness. Richard Haight explains his concepts intelligently and in great detail. This is one of those books that stay with you after you finish reading it.

As I mentioned, my only criticism would be the language. I found myself getting lost at times due to the wordiness. I struggled to reread and understand a few passages. This did not deter me from reading, but I would not recommend trying to read this in one sitting. Take your time to truly appreciate what the author is teaching.

I would caution a religious person reading this book to go into it with an open mind. It is easy to see the Christian undertones when he describes his first experience as a vision to find the “Bones of Christ.” However, I must stress that this story is not about Christianity. Some Christians may have trouble with some of the teachings, such as "Isness" and reincarnation.

Ultimately, I give The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight 4 out of 4 stars. This is a wonderful guide to spiritual enlightenment. I would especially recommend it to people on their own path of spirituality.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Lana Shea's review? Post a comment saying so!
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I too reviewed it. I had trouble sometimes understanding it. Thanks for a nice review.
Lana Shea

Post by Lana Shea »

Quinto wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 00:01 I too reviewed it. I had trouble sometimes understanding it. Thanks for a nice review.
Thank you for reading!
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a wonderful inspiring book. I think I will have to add it to my to-read list. Thank you for a very nice review!
Lana Shea

Post by Lana Shea »

Prisallen wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 14:16 This sounds like a wonderful inspiring book. I think I will have to add it to my to-read list. Thank you for a very nice review!
Thank you so much for reading!
rhendic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhendic.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps

Post by rhendic »

I enjoyed reading this review very much. This sounds like a wonderful book to guide someone in their path to spiritual enlightenment. Great job Lana!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”