Review by Jessacardinal -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by Jessacardinal -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Jessacardinal »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Angela Renatus holds a highly sought-after intern position at the Getty Museum when new dreams begin to spin her lack-luster life into one of love, luxury, and danger. Unwanted physical advances leave Angela with no choice but to flee from the museum and her dream career. Alex Caine, an investigator who recovers lost and stolen art, promises to protect Angela when trouble threatens to follow her every move while also extending a professional opportunity of a lifetime. In the throes of a lustrous love affair, the pair soon realize a treacherous past is replaying itself all over again. What’s worse, thieves are hot on the trail and will stop at no expense on their quest for fame and fortune. Angela and Alex must work together to solve the mystery and put an end to the revolving misery that controls their lives.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami is nothing short of a stunning work of art worthy of main display status. With the passing of each chapter, I fell more and more in love with this thrilling and delicious page-turner. From the main characters to the lengthy list of antagonists, the characters are thoroughly developed. The plot contains the perfect concoction of a beautiful romance, mind-boggling mystery, and suspenseful thrills that promise to please the palate of a wide range of readers.

While the story begins in Los Angeles, California, most of the book smoothly transitions between various well-known Italian cities of both centuries past and modern-day times. Art history enthusiasts will appreciate the vivid Italian architecture and famous pieces of art discussed throughout the book.

This book has been professionally edited, as I am only able to locate two minor spelling errors throughout the entire novel. Individuals who prefer to read error-free publications will be delighted by this award-worthy masterpiece. Additionally, enthusiasts of mystery, thriller, and romance genres will find themselves indulging in a great escape between the covers of this book. Those who dislike a few curse words and heavy romantic scenes may not want to read this remarkable story.

It is with great pleasure I award The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami 4 out of 4 stars. There is nothing I dislike about this book. The author has delivered an exquisitely written tale of life, loss, and love that is deserving of praise from all. Suffice it to say, with the right actors and producers, this book could become an Academy Award-winning film.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jessacardinal's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham
Dentarthurdent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dentarthurdent.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dentarthurdent »

Wow. You have quite high praise for the book, but then, if it seamlessly integrates passionate romance, thrilling action, and moving art, it may be worthy of such commendation. Great review!
"I say what it occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things. More I cannot say"
--Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I read this book and enjoyed it also. Thanks for a great review!
nooregano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nooregano.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Dirtbag waitress by Alice Auditore

Post by nooregano »

I really like the cover of this book, and I didn't want to judge it only for its cover - so thank you for reviewing this book! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much, Jessica! You have high praise for this book so I'll be keeping this in mind for my to-read list. It doesn't hurt that I also enjoy art history!
"I speak only one language, and it is not my own." - Jacques Derrida
unamilagra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

Great review, it sounds like a wonderful book. I've noticed that sometimes action-packed thrillers are lacking in the character development area, so it's great to know that this book excels in both areas.
Delaney35
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delaney35.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Delaney35 »

I just finished this one and quite enjoyed it. Great review!
Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 »

Sounds like a great book. To have not only well developed protagonists, but also, the numerous antagonists sounds like the author put a lot of work into this fiction. I'm curious about the storyline as well. So, I'll be reading this book. Thanks for the interesting review.
AvidBibliophile
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Treacherous pasts, love affairs, art history, and developing intrigue! I also enjoyed the well-crafted compilation of elements presented in this series. Lovely review!
Miks_solon
Favorite Book: Inviting Muslims to Christ
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miks-solon.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Miks_solon »

Thanks for reviewing the book! It makes me appreciate non-mainstream type of books.
"Sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality"
LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

I was already captured by the title and your glowing review left no doubt in my mind that this is a must for me :) Action and romance accompanied by danger and persecuted by the past is just the right mix for me :) And a pinch art history with the twist is just the right topping :)

Thank you for such an inspired and inviting review! :)
Peter Obi 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-obi-3.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Peter Obi 3 »

I just finished this one and I totally agree with you. Although the erotic scenes are a bit much😃
Ophiohonren Hiram
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Hate U Give
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ophiohonren-hiram.html
Latest Review: Symposium of the Reaper by Andrew Adams

Post by Ophiohonren Hiram »

This novel really stirred my interest in romance. I could not agree less with your opinion, it really is an exquisite read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”