Review by Wilkister94 -- The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wilkister94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wilkister94.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Review by Wilkister94 -- The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Wilkister94 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater is the first of a trilogy. It is a historical fiction about war and espionage. The book has 38 chapters. The Warramunga's War follows the story of two Australian armies: Jamie and Jacko, who met in Syria during the military operation against the Vinchy French in World War two. Jacko saves Jamie's life when he was under fire. They later become great friends. The two get recruited by MI6 to undertake a mission which is to detect and neutralize the German agents who are in contact with the commander of the Africa Korps, Rommel.

While in Egypt they work under the leadership of Johnny Cook, a British Captain after teaming up with Matt MacAulay, an Australian Military man. Apart from hunting for the German spies, they work to find the serial killer who had killed Farida, the young dancer, Marianne and other girls who had been killed under mysterious circumstances. They later discover that Matt is the serial killer. After completing their mission, Jacko and Jamie return to Australia and become pioneers in a newly formed Commonwealth Investigation Service. While trailing the two suspected Wartime German agents they realise that Matt is in league with the dangerous criminal gang.

While picking this book to read I wasn't sure of what to expect. I thought that maybe it was just like any other historical fiction. How wrong I was! After reading I was convinced that The Warramunga's War was the best historical fiction I have read so far because it was filled with mystery and romance aside from the events of the World War two, a rare thing in most historical fiction books.

I loved this book for many reasons. First, the book has well-developed characters and so it's easy for the readers to feel connected. Secondly, the book is filled with twists and turns which kept me wanting to read on to find what happens next, what's Jacko and Jamie's next move. Thirdly, the storyline and plot of the book is so exciting and engaging and thus no boredom while reading. I however had no reason to dislike the book because it was all amazing and exceptional.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was professionally edited and so it had almost zero errors. Also, a great writing style was used because other than entertaining, it also educates the readers. However, I did not give it 3 out of 4 stars because the ending was satisfying. Matt MacAulay and the German agent were captured. I recommend this book to the readers who love historical fiction filled with mystery and romance.

The Warramunga's War
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Wilkister94's review? Post a comment saying so!
Look where you want to go in life, not at where you don’t want to go.
Rob White
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I liked your comments about this book exceeding your expectations. The author certainly changed your mind with his writing style, history and romance. I read the book, and your comments made me remember what an intriguing author Kater is. You have motivated me to read the next books in the trilogy. Thanks for the insightful review!
Wilkister94
Currently Reading:

Post by Wilkister94 »

kdstrack wrote: 02 May 2019, 10:58 I liked your comments about this book exceeding your expectations. The author certainly changed your mind with his writing style, history and romance. I read the book, and your comments made me remember what an intriguing author Kater is. You have motivated me to read the next books in the trilogy. Thanks for the insightful review!
The book is worth anyone's time. Try it out. Thank you.
Rob White
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

"After reading I was convinced that The Warramunga's War was the best historical fiction I have read so far" That is a high praise to give. When I get a chance, I shall have to read this book. Thank you so much for a wonderful review!
Wilkister94
Currently Reading:

Post by Wilkister94 »

Prisallen wrote: 05 May 2019, 14:14 "After reading I was convinced that The Warramunga's War was the best historical fiction I have read so far" That is a high praise to give. When I get a chance, I shall have to read this book. Thank you so much for a wonderful review!
Try it out and I promise you that you will love it.
Rob White
CommMayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I'm glad you found this book so enjoyable. Word of caution: is that a spoiler in your last paragraph?

However, I did not give it 3 out of 4 stars because the ending was satisfying. Matt MacAulay and the German agent were captured.
Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 »

I agree with you about this book being an exceptional historical fiction. I read it and loved it very much. I'm glad to know you enjoyed it as much as I did. So, thanks for the lovely review and your thorough summary.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”