Review by Bluebird03 -- Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Review by Bluebird03 -- Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Bluebird03 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine someone has just discovered natural molecules that can effectively block cancerous cells from multiplying, while not harming healthy cells. These molecules come from nature (in the form of plant extracts) and are easily obtainable. When the scientist publishes this astounding discovery, he is completely ignored by oncologists. Bear in mind, that the scientist offers his discovery as an adjunct to radiology and chemotherapy, not a replacement of these treatments.

Soon his laboratory is surrounded by the French S.W.A.T. team (known as GIGN), with machine guns, dogs and a helicopter overhead. The scientist is handcuffed and arrested. His findings, samples, computers, notebooks and research papers are confiscated. While he waits in one room to be interrogated, men covered in white garments spray his laboratory (claiming concern over “possible radioactive activity”). The scientist is left alone there, overnight, and is exposed to the mysterious sprayed substance. Two months later, the scientist dies.

In Winning The War On Cancer, author Sylvie Beljanski claims that this horrifying and unbelievable ordeal is precisely what happened to her father, Dr. Mirko Beljanski.

I was impressed with the organized and skillful way that Beljanski presented this story of her father’s life, his work with these extracts and the lives of those he loved and treated. The author does an amazing job of explaining Dr. Beljanski’s theories and research. While she does use some medical terms and processes, she explains them is simpler terms that most readers can follow.

In addition to her story, I was impressed with the author’s determination and drive to follow through with the three promises that she made to her father, on his deathbed. Fulfilling these promises is what drives her today to address audiences worldwide, on her father’s behalf.

Additionally, this book was well edited, as I found no errors. Beljanski includes a few select photographs to enhance her story. I particularly loved the one of the author, as a young girl, staring adoringly into her father’s face.

For all of the reasons stated above, I award Winning The War On Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski 4 out of 4 stars. I found nothing to dislike about her story. This book will appeal to anyone who has cancer (or knows someone with cancer) and is praying for a cure. Likewise, it should appeal to those in the medical field who daily witness the devastation of this deadly disease. Readers will be enlightened about this natural treatment for cancer. Also, they will be enraged that such a simple treatment was allegedly covered up by a government, all in the name of greed and in funding pharmaceutical companies. Those with no interest at all in science, medicine, cancer or its treatment will probably want to avoid this book, as it does tend to be a bit technical. I highly recommend this informative and thought-provoking book.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Bluebird03's review? Post a comment saying so!
Janelle Juncos
Favorite Book: The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelle-juncos.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Janelle Juncos »

You know what? I totally believe it. Multiple members of my family have battled cancer and the ones that changed their diets and lifestyles rather than partaking in chemotherapy went into remission and survived for decades beyond their expiration date. The established medical profession makes money off of current cancer treatments and they see no reason to look into alternatives. Look up Dr. Burzynski if you want to read another similar story. Thanks for the great review, this is one I definitely want to get my hands on.
Sekhmet September
Favorite Author: Tanith Lee
Currently Reading: Stranded In The Wild
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sekhmet-september.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
fav_author_id: 10199

Post by Sekhmet September »

Awesome topic! Definetly worth the read. If it's true, more people should know the details.
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
Hebrews 11 1 NIV
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This sounds like a great resource for those in need. Thanks for the review!
unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

Sounds like a very interesting (and believable) story. There is never any drive to research things that won't make a pharmaceutical company money. It would be pretty scary to take a gamble on something as serious as cancer treatment for me, however.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Janelle Juncos wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 20:07 You know what? I totally believe it. Multiple members of my family have battled cancer and the ones that changed their diets and lifestyles rather than partaking in chemotherapy went into remission and survived for decades beyond their expiration date. The established medical profession makes money off of current cancer treatments and they see no reason to look into alternatives. Look up Dr. Burzynski if you want to read another similar story. Thanks for the great review, this is one I definitely want to get my hands on.
Your comments certainly offer hope to anyone with this devastating diagnosis that will change diet and lifestyle. I, too, have heard of that...many times. Thank you for the tip on reading about Dr. Burzynski. And, as always, thank you so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments. :)
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Sekhmet September wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 22:43 Awesome topic! Definetly worth the read. If it's true, more people should know the details.
It was well worth the read! Thank you for stopping by and for commenting! :)
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

gen_g wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 11:14 This sounds like a great resource for those in need. Thanks for the review!
Yes, it is great information worth reading and sharing. Thank you for your comments! :)
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

unamilagra wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 15:59 Sounds like a very interesting (and believable) story. There is never any drive to research things that won't make a pharmaceutical company money. It would be pretty scary to take a gamble on something as serious as cancer treatment for me, however.
Unfortunately, it was quite believable! And a sad commentary on the greed and priorities in this world. Thank you for stopping by and for commenting. :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”