What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
cadelfavreau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cadelfavreau.html
Latest Review: The Sojourners by T. L. Hughes

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by cadelfavreau »

First man. It was a 4/5
NicholsC97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholsc97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by NicholsC97 »

I watched Tangled and I give it a 4 out of 4. No hesitation. Love the characters and the humor. Sarcastic guy meets oblivious girl and the interactions are awesome!
theloverofbooks1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by theloverofbooks1 »

The last movie I saw in theaters was a couple of days ago. It was 5 feet apart. It was a really good movie but I personally would have preferred a happy ending. What I mean by a happy ending is Stella and Will ending up together. But overall it was ending and it had a good ending where she gets new lungs. So I give it a 4/5.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I watched Sleepy Eyes Of Death The Jade Statue. Its the first in a 14 part series of films about a Ninja warrior who in simple terms fights the bad guys. Not because he was an especially good guy himself, but because its just what he did. It was well made and wasnt all chop-sockee and had a great storyline. It was kind of confusing at first, but as it went on it all fell into place. It kind of reminded me of those film noir movies from the 40's. I give it a 7, I would give it a full 10 but for the small English subtitles which were kind of hard to read.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Kinap
Currently Reading: Instant Pot Cookbook #2019
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinap.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Kinap »

The last movie I have recently watched was Total Recall with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Such a classic in my opinion. Haha
sjauhar
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading: House of Eire
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sjauhar.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by sjauhar »

In Cinema? That would be Captain Marvel. And I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants a feel good film when they are feeling a little sad. The soundtrack alone was straight out of my high school days. Plus it's wholly female empowerment and uplifting like Wonder Woman was. And Goose (the cat) is just so cute! Not everyone is going to like comic book films. But it matters when you see representations of strong women on screen. Many little girls in the audience were excited. So were many little boys too.
srividyag1
Currently Reading: The laws of human nature
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srividyag1.html
Latest Review: The Hungry Heart by Brenda Gayle
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by srividyag1 »

I just watched ‘The Perfect Date’ in Netflix based on ‘The stand-in’ by Steve Bloom. I rate it 4 out of 5. The acting is good and it’s a feel good movie. It’s mostly ‘can’t buy me love’ with a modern twist.
- Srividya Giri
Smile more, it's infectious.
YL_Eytka
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yl-eytka.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by YL_Eytka »

Just saw "Us" in the theatre, I'm not a big horror fan and usually stay a way from scary movies, but after watching Get Out by director Jordan Peele, I've decided that I will watch whatever that man puts out. The movie did not disappoint and I had very high expectations, so a solid 5 out 5 stars
Sade3607
Favorite Book: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sade3607.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Sade3607 »

Please everyone needs to watch Bohemian Rhapsody. It is about the biography of Freddie Mercury. It is absolutely interesting.
cadelfavreau
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cadelfavreau.html
Latest Review: The Sojourners by T. L. Hughes

Post by cadelfavreau »

Infinity war was the last movie i saw. I would give it a 6/10. I thought it was a bit overrated.
Stundey1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Stundey1 »

"If you want a whore, by one. If you need the Queen, earn her" - Game of thrones.
I rate it 9 out of 10
DetMaraBays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by DetMaraBays »

YL_Eytka wrote: 13 Apr 2019, 15:22 Just saw "Us" in the theatre, I'm not a big horror fan and usually stay a way from scary movies, but after watching Get Out by director Jordan Peele, I've decided that I will watch whatever that man puts out. The movie did not disappoint and I had very high expectations, so a solid 5 out 5 stars
As much as I loved GET OUT, I was really disappointed in US. It seemed very slow to get rolling and the "everything and the kitchen sink" approach (many, many elements and images) seemed to detract from the storyline, although I would always give any Jordan Peele project a look.
For me: 9 for GET OUT on IMDb and a 4 for US.
He also produced an excellent 4-part documentary on Netflix entitled LORENA (about the Bobbitt case in 1993.
DetMaraBays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by DetMaraBays »

In the theatre:
Tim Burton's DUMBO - Excellent cast, production values and beautiful cinematography and soundtrack.
I would give it an 8 in the lexicon of IMDb.

At home: I re-watched a DVD of Cronenberg's THE FLY starring Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis. If you've never seen it, I highly recommend it. Great script. I would give it a 9/10.
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by flaming_quills »

Game of Thrones though it's technically not a movie.
5 out of 5 stars.
YL_Eytka
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yl-eytka.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by YL_Eytka »

DetMaraBays wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 17:54
YL_Eytka wrote: 13 Apr 2019, 15:22 Just saw "Us" in the theatre, I'm not a big horror fan and usually stay a way from scary movies, but after watching Get Out by director Jordan Peele, I've decided that I will watch whatever that man puts out. The movie did not disappoint and I had very high expectations, so a solid 5 out 5 stars
As much as I loved GET OUT, I was really disappointed in US. It seemed very slow to get rolling and the "everything and the kitchen sink" approach (many, many elements and images) seemed to detract from the storyline, although I would always give any Jordan Peele project a look.
For me: 9 for GET OUT on IMDb and a 4 for US.
He also produced an excellent 4-part documentary on Netflix entitled LORENA (about the Bobbitt case in 1993.
I completely see where you're coming from, I think its because the movie has so many different sub-genres it fits too, like a home-invasion, but also a kind of slasher movie, so it feels a bit all over the place, but I guess that's why I like it, its so fast-paced that I was you feel like you don't get a moment to breathe. I've only seen it once and that was at the cinema, so maybe that made me overlook some of the flaws. Oh and I've heard about Lorena, unfortunately I don't its on Netflix in my country just yet.

Return to “Films and Books”