Official Review: Christianity from the Eyes of a Child

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Official Review: Christianity from the Eyes of a Child

Post by Mely918 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Christianity from the Eyes of a Child" by Floy fenelon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Christianity from the Eyes of a Child by Floy Fenelon is a personal look into the author’s journey in finding the purpose of life. He seeks his answers by delving into the Christian philosophy. Fenelon attempts to give an objective perspective on Christianity and its true meaning. As humans, we all want to find purpose in our lives and long to have faith in something. However, as we grow older, we tend to abandon the curiosity we once had as a child. We forget to look for faith and to seek out the important things in life. Fenelon tries to remind his readers to maintain that curiosity. He looks to Christianity to find meaning and purpose in everyone’s lives.

Fenelon spent a good portion of his life analyzing Christianity and the Bible. Even as a child, he would often wonder what life was like before there was time, life or God. Fenelon never lost that curiosity as he grew older and continuously sought out answers and understanding. He tries to convey all the things that he discovered through years of learning in this book. He hopes to encourage others to not lose sight of the things they questioned as children. Additionally, he strives to find purpose in life and wants to help others find their purpose as well. Fenelon’s unbiased look in Christianity helps readers learn the truth about the religion, rather than what man has tried to make it.

I found this book quite interesting and profound. As a young adult, I often fear that I will lose my own thirst for knowledge and curiosity and as I get older. It’s great to see someone who yearns for understanding and maintains the same inquisitiveness that he had as a child. I especially enjoyed learning about his take on Christianity. As a fellow Christian, reading about other people’s perspective on it helps me to see it a different angle. It’s important to know the different ways in which a religion is interpreted. Fenelon did a great job at maintain an objective and unbiased view of Christianity. It’s too easy to fall into the trap of giving your own personal thoughts on it, but Fenelon withheld from doing that.

The book was, for the most part, an excellent read. The only critique I have for it was the grammatical mistakes. There wasn’t that many through the entire book. However, the ones I did catch stood out to me just because of how simple the mistakes were. The author would forget to place commas where necessary, which altered some of the sentence structures. For example, on page 15, there was a sentence that read, “This persisted until I was about sixteen when I had my first real girlfriend and my times were no longer spent alone.” Errors such as these occurred at the beginning, and I only caught four of them. However, careless mistakes like that made the book seem sloppy at the beginning.

Overall, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The content was amazing and very meaningful. The author did a wonderful job of maintaining a clear and impartial view on Christianity. This book truly makes for a great learning experience. If not for the mistakes that I caught at the beginning, I would’ve given this book a perfect score. Even though there were only four errors, the simplicity of the mistakes hindered my overall enjoyment of the book. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves seeking out wisdom and knowledge. It would also be a great read for Christians or people who enjoy learning about religions. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who isn’t a particular fan of these topics, nor if they’re already set in their ways of thinking.

Christianity from the Eyes of a Child
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mely918's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds like this is a great book to help deepen your faith. I love that the author was on a quest for answers from his childhood. It's too bad about the errors, but I can probably overlook those. Thanks so much.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Juliana_Isabella
Currently Reading: Modern Death
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliana-isabella.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Juliana_Isabella »

Thanks for your review. I definitely agree that mistakes early in the book often hint at the author not caring enough to edit.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

How true, we lose our curiosity and even our thirst for knowledge so easily. Writing a book that inspires others to continue learning is admirable. Thanks for this recommendation.
Lungz_
Favorite Book: 50 Shades of Grey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lungz.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Lungz_ »

Sounds like a guide to strengthen and resirect your faith. Truthfully I've read the likes of these books and you will find them tedious if you are not ready.
bigscarythingy
Currently Reading: Best Evidence
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigscarythingy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by bigscarythingy »

Even though I'm no longer a Christian, this book still fascinates me. I like the sound of the well-structured nature of this book. I'm probably in the same boat when it comes to grammatical errors, however: they really interrupt my momentum. Thanks for this great review.
"Go back to your books, and your armchair. Plant your trees, watch them grow. If more people valued home above gold, this world would be a merrier place."
DogoMulla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dogomulla.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by DogoMulla »

This is a must-read. It is hard to find objective Christians nowadays. There's so many kinds of Christians, it's confusing. Fenelon seems to have been a good source of wisdom and insight. Your review is quite insightful. Thank you.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I agree that it is very easy to lose our curiosity as we age. A book reminding us of that can be inspiring. Thanks for the review!
Bombey Marjorie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bombey-marjorie.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Bombey Marjorie »

It's amazing how one will choose a path at a tender age and stay focused on it. The book sounds inspiring from your review. I believe reading it will add to my perspectives about Faith and Christianity in general
Stutiauradkar
Favorite Book: The Power of Thanksgiving
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Stutiauradkar »

This book title reminded me of a verse from the bible Matthew 19:14 says - But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.”

As we grow older, we only know think about the work, family, etc but we forgot the curiosity we had in our childhood when we wanted to know about certain topic. we need to go back and recollect the passion we carried to know and how our eyes were brighten up when we got to know about something that could be ordinary for some people but exciting and new for us. Even during Sunday school class we had so many question to ask as the teacher used to dictate the stories from the Bible. I think this book is definitely going to take us back to our childhood and remind us about all the questions we asked and still carry within us. EXCITED
Jlbaird85
Currently Reading: Lift you up
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlbaird85.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Jlbaird85 »

It sounds like an interesting read! Thank you for your review. It gives information about the book in a way that makes me curious about what the author found through his objective study and makes me want to read this book. Well done!
All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts

Shakespeare-As You Like It Act II, Scene VII
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The author's curiosity is intriguing. I wonder if anyone also ever asked themselves those questions or is it only the author and me. Thanks for the review. The advice of the author is very sound. It is true that as we age, we tend to begin neglecting the faith and curiosity that is common in childhood.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
sarahmarlowe
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

You have done a great job on this review! I appreciate your thoughtful analysis of a very complex subject.
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”