Review by Mrsmontoya -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mrsmontoya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsmontoya.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by Mrsmontoya -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Mrsmontoya »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As a person who has been born and raised into a very strict, old-testament Christian church, I have been exposed to myriad texts and writings regarding various religious theories and themes. I find the vast majority written by a pious author, which I can't stand. I was quite pleasantly surprised at the ease of Richard L. Haight's ability to be objective and remain neutral. I related with much of the author's experiences, specifically regarding religion, making this an interesting and satisfying read down to the last page.

I've always questioned things in life, wondering if, on a deeper, energetic level, there may be more. The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment has substantiated my ponderous perceptions. Richard L. Haight sparks the thought process that helps us to fill our lives with positive purpose. On page 31, he tells us, "if you are truly seeking the transcendent, knowledge will not long satisfy you."

Despite my skeptic nature, through the author's modest recounting of his experiences leading to a life filled with positivity and love, I felt I could actually relate to the feelings he vacillates between, which helped me to consider his experiences on deeper, more personal level. Haight continues, detailing how he and another created a new method of achieving opening of conciousness, or unfoldment, called Shinkaido, or "open-heart path." Highlighting the different frequencies of the mind, Richard Haight provides effective tools to remove mental blockers that may limit us in our thinking and behavior throughout our attempts to deepen mental awareness and harmony.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of both content and delivery. The author is well-articulated and his concepts are well-demonstrated. His neutrality and unbiased voice lend itself to a smooth and enjoyable read. The essence of this book was extraordinarily moving for me. I have been able to make subtle, yet achievable changes at my pace that have made my life more meaningful and have helped to alleviate some of my chronic cynicism. There is no specifically "disliked" element in this book, but reading through the method of Sotai-Ho, I was very intrigued and would've appreciated some more development on the topic.

Collectively, this read was fantastic. I honestly believe there is something positive to benefit any reader searching for purpose. If you're an open-minded thinker, a skeptic, looking to embrace positivity, or perhaps ease the struggle of monotonous day to day life, read this book and begin a transformative journey.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mrsmontoya's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”