Review by jolener23 -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jolener23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jolener23.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Review by jolener23 -- The Unbound Soul

Post by jolener23 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul by Richard Haight is a memoir of a young boy who dedicates his life to spiritual awakening. Richard L. Haight tells us in his book how he grew up on a horse ranch in Southern California and that his life was simple and filled with the everyday pleasures of playing, swimming and enjoying incredible landscapes. Haight has written several self-help books, but this book is a good one to start your spiritual journey.

Richard L. Haight tells us how he grew up on a horse ranch in Southern California enjoying incredible landscapes, swimming, and playing. While living this amazing life, he goes to a Bible study conducted by Mrs. Pacetti and her daughter. After some time, Haight figured that he didn't like the figure of God that Mrs. Pacetti presented, a monster-like character who will send to Hell anyone who in the slightest disobeys him. Mr. Height's father taught him that it was alright and natural to ask questions and seek answers. This is how his spiritual journey starts. It took him years in some cases to find answers to many of his questions and to eventually find his purpose in this life. It is his hope, that his readers reach a state he calls Isness which is a state of unconditional love. What really motivated him to go and seek his future was the vision of Jesus he had, Jesus told him that he should teach the 'real' Bible. This was all happening while Haight was dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts. He had a learning disability, he learned to read in high school, because of this he became depressed and started abusing drugs and alcohol.

This book is not easy to read, I personally thought it would be as any other self-help book, but this book was really hard to read. Not because it is a bad book, but because you have to focus on it, Mr. Haight really teaches you how to self-improve. Spirituality is not limited to religion, it can be found completely outside of any religious base whatsoever. This book will be very helpful for people experiencing frustration, anger, low self-esteem, depression or just those navigating through our fast-paced lives.

The Unbound Soul is well-written and exceptionally edited. I did not find any grammar or punctuation errors. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a deeper experience in their faith, regardless of their religion. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 because of its magnificent content and exceptionally good edit which is amazing for a self-publishing book.

The Unbound Soul helped me start my own spiritual journey, I hope it does the same for you.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like jolener23's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”