Review by 13browninga -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
13browninga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-13browninga.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by 13browninga -- The Unbound Soul

Post by 13browninga »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight beautifully shows man’s journey to inner freedom and how his progression can guide others to also find their spiritual awakening.

The book starts by documenting his early life and reasons for pursuing his current route of spirituality, by highlighting his childhood dream of Jesus that directed Haight onto his said path to self-discovery. I should mention here that although there is a clear mention of Jesus, this book is not showing a traditional faith-based view of spiritual guidance, which may deter a religious audience.
That being said, the book uses a light-hearted and humorous tone which many would find accessible, providing a refreshing approach from other books of this nature. This tone helps to keep an engaging storyline throughout while also giving his audience teachings that they could implement into their own daily routine, making the most of the wisdom that he shares.

Haight’s style of writing is overall grammatically flawless, which cleverly focuses on the reader’s individual transformation, opposed to being an average true memoir. This enlightening view of memories, love and the body and mind truly shows you a different perspective of how we are living. For example, in a later section of the book, he talks about how memories should remain past tense and not become an expectation, allowing you to completely open your mind to new possibilities. These insights of Haight have inspired me to see every day in a different light, as I’d imagine many others do the same, following this reading.

Overall, I’d recommend this book to anyone in need of spiritual guidance, or even those intrigued by the topic. Haight’s writing elevates this book from the majority of work in this genre and for that I’d give this book 4 stars out of 4.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like 13browninga's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”