Review by Nerea -- The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Review by Nerea -- The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Nerea »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Warramunga’s War by Greg Kater comprises a gripping and intriguing story about two strangers, who undoubtedly come to be close friends and in turn the warramunga heroes. How?

James Munro aka Jamie and Jack O'Brien aka Jacko bumped into each other in a war scene in July 1941. This was when the army engineers' unit attached to 2/5th Battalion that Jamie was part of were fighting against the Vichy French. Jacko redeemed Jamie's life, and this led to their endless healthy friendship. On August 1941, both Jamie and Jacko were assigned to an intelligence operation in Cairo, Egypt. On arriving at the city of Cairo, they met with the other MI6 team, Johnny and Matt. The four represented a dynamic team that came up with reasonable strategies that turned out to be effective in their operation. Regrettably, Matt was dropped from the team due to his health condition and other strange and shocking developments about him that unfolded. In 1943, Jamie and Jacko returned to Australia for an additional espionage assignment. They were legitimately assigned to trace and seize the most wanted gang group that terrorized the active members of the local community. Refer to the book and find out who was the mastermind behind the gang group operations. You will be surprised. The successful seizure of the gang group by the duo elevated them to being the warramunga legendary heroes.

The plot is characterized by mysteries, horror, crimes, espionage, history, friendship, romance, and legal developments. Though the book accurately represents a creative work of historical fiction, the events presented in the notable story sound realistic. The plot twists are charming and thrilling too. Some humorous phrases in the story will leave you laughing all through your reading of the book. An incredible portrayal of the characters' remarkable personality is well-defined in the book. The diverse characters, as well as the character interaction with each other, contributed to a lively and entertaining story. The principal role of women pictured in the story sounds inspiring and encouraging, though their lives are vulnerable in their scope of the task.

There are some intriguing aspects of the book that I found fascinating. For instance, the masculine characters experienced some challenges when trying to learn about the feminine characters. Also, the alert sound that some characters used to warn each other when they suspect danger. Moreover, there were incredible lyrical lines featured in the book that provided an encouraging counsel. Additionally, I am not a romance fan, but I was able to tolerate the romance in the book for the reason that it was not erotic.

I was not pleased with the use of the French dialect in the story owing to the fact that I don't comprehend the language. Additionally, the cursing words contained in the book didn't fascinate me.

The book contained some valuable moral lessons. First, the author helps us to appreciate that being too judgmental based on what we visualize isn’t trustworthy for the reason that things are not always as they seem. Second, teamwork is essential for it offers ways to a variety of ideas that would produce a practical impact on the primary objective. And finally, neutrality is significant owing to the fact that it can redeem one's life. (Don't take sides, but mind your own business.).

Because of the brilliant and thorough work exerted in this incredible writing, I rate the book at a 4 out of 4 stars. The book's exceptionally edited. The story is thrilling, adventurous, and entertaining. The plot and character development are far-fetched. Those who keenly follow criminal investigation series or books, as well as the lovers of historical fiction books, will genuinely enjoy reading this book.

The Warramunga's War
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Nerea's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
labibliofile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-labibliofile.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by labibliofile »

While the title isn't very appealing, the plot does sound better! Your review makes me want to read it so thank you for the review!
"Growth is the essence of life."
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

the masculine characters experienced some challenges when trying to learn about the feminine characters
Hehe, this is really funny. I have read about Jack O'Brien and Jamie Munroe's adventures. Thank you for your valuable input! :tiphat:
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

labibliofile wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 15:34 While the title isn't very appealing, the plot does sound better! Your review makes me want to read it so thank you for the review!
I appreciate your kind comment. I hope you enjoy the reading. Thank you.
No Wahala
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 21:54
the masculine characters experienced some challenges when trying to learn about the feminine characters
Hehe, this is really funny. I have read about Jack O'Brien and Jamie Munroe's adventures. Thank you for your valuable input! :tiphat:
Thank you for stopping by.
No Wahala
aolayide
Currently Reading: Are Your Kids Naked Online?
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aolayide.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by aolayide »

I really enjoyed your review. Sometimes, not even everything is as it seems.
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

aolayide wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 04:19 I really enjoyed your review. Sometimes, not even everything is as it seems.
Very true. I appreciate your kind comments.
No Wahala

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”