Review by Rose Harebate -- Happy Healing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-harebate.html
Latest Review: Family Honor-III by T. O'Neil Charity

Review by Rose Harebate -- Happy Healing

Post by Rose Harebate »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Happy Healing" by Dominique Bourlet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet is a non-fiction book written for the purpose of self-healing. In the book, the author provides a multi-faceted self-healing method useful for physical, emotional and mental health issues. This method is called "Happy Healing." According to the author, this is a fascinating way to cleanse, to convert, and to recycle feelings and emotions. He recommends the strategies he discovered when he was in Asian countries with well rooted therapeutic traditions. In other words, the tips provided in this book are from the author's experience as a practitioner of Asian manual therapies and Chinese medical acupressure. In the last pages of the book, Bourlet offers a step-by-step guide on how to heal the pain.

I found the book to be an eye-opener and helpful. Unlike many other self-help books, Happy Healing contains unique, different tips that prove to be effective. I was intrigued to discover that self-talk can reduce the pain. In Bourlet's words, "rather than to try to kill Lady Pain, why not just open the door and let her go away, as peacefully as possible? Why not try to understand each other, discuss, and negotiate?"

I also enjoyed the fact that Bourlet did not only give methods to relieve pain, but rather mentioned the reasons it enters a patient's body. He also discusses how people react to pain. For example, patients under the attack of chronic pain become resilient and accept higher levels of pain without even noticing it.

Wisdom expressed in this book was intriguing. After reading the book, I now have a different view of pain. Thinking pain was the cause of many deaths, I had spent years hating it. However, this book taught me that, though unpleasant, pain is a signal that there is a health problem. In other words, pain is a friendly warning message. In the author's words: "Pain communicates information about the whole body and person."

There are even benefits of having pain. For instance, it is one of the ways to gain attention and sympathy from relatives. The author suggests that in order to get rid of pain, one should not wait for a high level of pain. The quicker you address your health issue, the easier it will be to regulate.

When reading this book, I did not detect any grammar errors. The wisdom applied in the book, and the efficient self-healing mechanisms, make it a unique material that will leave the reader craving for more. As a result, I am awarding the book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to people who are going through mental, emotional and physical pain.

Happy Healing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rose Harebate's review? Post a comment saying so!
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Lady Pain is usually an unwanted visitor, but we sometimes unwittingly invite her to live with us forever. The author gives us a lot of welcome tips; foremost of them is to change our attitude towards pain. "Pain, pain, go away. Come again ... never?"
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

Pain communicates information about the whole body and person.
I totally address with the author on this one. Pain mostly defines a person: inward and outward. I hope readers that may be in some kind of pain would find this healing book helpful. Thanks for the review.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

I am so glad you found this book to be insightful and to change your perspective on pain. From reviews and my own skimming through the book, Bourlet's approach is very sound and has been shown to be effective. I hope more people pick up this book and other books like it. It seems that whatever one's approach is to chronic conditions or pain management, this book has techniques that can augment and assist. Thank you for this great review!
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:

Post by Rose Harebate »

Miriam Molina wrote: 15 Feb 2019, 18:37 Lady Pain is usually an unwanted visitor, but we sometimes unwittingly invite her to live with us forever. The author gives us a lot of welcome tips; foremost of them is to change our attitude towards pain. "Pain, pain, go away. Come again ... never?"
If I can say the most important thing I learned in this book is to change our attitude towards pain. That's one of the ways to live free of it.
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:

Post by Rose Harebate »

T_stone wrote: 15 Feb 2019, 21:15
Pain communicates information about the whole body and person.
I totally address with the author on this one. Pain mostly defines a person: inward and outward. I hope readers that may be in some kind of pain would find this healing book helpful. Thanks for the review.
As one of those people who endure a certain amount of pain, I found the tips in the book very helpful and effective. So I do believe that anyone who is willing to read the book will heal. Thanks for passing by.
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:

Post by Rose Harebate »

BelleReadsNietzsche wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 16:28 I am so glad you found this book to be insightful and to change your perspective on pain. From reviews and my own skimming through the book, Bourlet's approach is very sound and has been shown to be effective. I hope more people pick up this book and other books like it. It seems that whatever one's approach is to chronic conditions or pain management, this book has techniques that can augment and assist. Thank you for this great review!
The author's techniques are indeed effective. And a lot of people will find the book helpful. Thanks for commenting.
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

I usually don't read non-fiction but i really want to read this cause i think i need this badly sometimes. Thanks a lot for such an informative and helping review.☺😊
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Interestingly this is the other book that I looking forward to review. It was nice to see another fellow reviewer's work. Thank you for the heads up!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

In Bourlet's words, "rather than to try to kill Lady Pain, why not just open the door and let her go away, as peacefully as possible? Why not try to understand each other, discuss, and negotiate?"
This is new. Sounds like the book has a lot of gems to benefit from. This will be my next book to consider and I hope I'll enjoy like you did. Awesome review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:

Post by Rose Harebate »

Zimall wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 00:27 I usually don't read non-fiction but i really want to read this cause i think i need this badly sometimes. Thanks a lot for such an informative and helping review.☺😊
Yes, you should really give it a try. You won't be disappointed. Thanks for passing by. 😊
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:

Post by Rose Harebate »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 01:45 Interestingly this is the other book that I looking forward to review. It was nice to see another fellow reviewer's work. Thank you for the heads up!
You will be making a good choice for reviewing this book. It really does contain a lot of tips you might want to practice. Thanks for your comment.
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:

Post by Rose Harebate »

Nerea wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 03:51
In Bourlet's words, "rather than to try to kill Lady Pain, why not just open the door and let her go away, as peacefully as possible? Why not try to understand each other, discuss, and negotiate?"
This is new. Sounds like the book has a lot of gems to benefit from. This will be my next book to consider and I hope I'll enjoy like you did. Awesome review.
You will indeed enjoying reading the book plus the tips are intriguing and easy to follow. Thanks for commenting.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

The idea that to get rid of pain, one should not wait for a high level of pain, actually gives me the creeps. But I get what the author is trying to convey here.

Great review!
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:

Post by Rose Harebate »

Samy Lax wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 02:08 The idea that to get rid of pain, one should not wait for a high level of pain, actually gives me the creeps. But I get what the author is trying to convey here.

Great review!
I suggest you read the book to discover more on the saying. Thanks for passing by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”