Official Review: Mister's Miss by Cee Robins

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Official Review: Mister's Miss by Cee Robins

Post by Kristy Khem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mister's Miss" by Cee Robins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Written as an escape from his loveless marriage, C. Robins crafts a masterpiece of sensual eroticism in his book, Mister’s Miss. This erotic fiction novel tells the story of Mister, a young bachelor who feels unfulfilled in life. After losing a sales competition at work, he takes a sabbatical to recover from his morose emotions. The night before he returns to work, he has an intense sensual dream of a beautiful woman who lustfully awakens his sexual desires. This prompts Mister to write an intimate advertisement in an attempt to find the perfect ‘Miss’ who can fulfill all of his erotic fantasies. Two equally fascinating women, M and S, respond to his advertisement. He begins to engage in written fantasies with both of them via emails. However, Mister also contemplates whether his sexy co-worker, D, could be the woman he’s looking for. Who is Mister’s perfect ‘Miss’? Is it M, S, or D?

What I liked most about this book were the erotic descriptions. They were unique, poetic depictions that conjured up surprisingly sensual imageries while leaving a lot of things to the imagination. These appealed to all of my five senses which evoked tantalizing emotions of lust. Besides people, objects were also erotically described. For example, the cruise ship in Mister’s dream was described as having ‘sensualistic curves that stretched the full length of her 404 feet of chivalrous magnificence’. I really admired the author’s ability to create literary metaphors and infuse them with sexual innuendoes. I also liked that these were eloquently written as opposed to obscene narratives which are typically found in many erotic fiction novels. In my opinion, the writing style alone sets this book apart from the others in its genre.

I also appreciated that the names of the main characters were not revealed. ‘Mister’ and ‘Miss’ were used in place of real names. Letters were also used to refer to characters like M, S, and D who were the three women being pursued by Mister. This definitely added a modicum of mystery to their identities. This also made me feel as if I were given an intimate look at their interconnected lives, but without truly knowing who they were.

The names of places in the book made me laugh because they were very erotically direct. For instance, the name of the cruise ship was Lucid Wet Dream. The café where Mister met his Miss was called Café Puséé which was a hilarious reference to the common name for the female genitalia. These candid names juxtaposed the eloquence of the writing style and added humor. I appreciated this.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. I found it be an exhilarating read. There were a few errors that I stumbled upon, but these were minor things like the absence of hyphens in compound phrases. Its expressive writing style, mysterious characters, and humor prompted me to rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I think the novel was edited professionally. Mister’s Miss will be enjoyed by adult fans of erotic literature. It’s definitely unsuitable for teen readers because of the sexual content. Although the novel was largely focused on heterosexual erotica, it also contained bisexual descriptions so readers who don’t like this might not be interested in reading it.

Mister's Miss
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KristyKhem's review? Post a comment saying so!
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-harebate.html
Latest Review: Family Honor-III by T. O'Neil Charity

Post by Rose Harebate »

Expressive writing style, mysterious characters, and humor makes this book enjoyable. Great review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

If you are into erotic fiction, it sounds like this would be a good one to pick up. I'm not, and it doesn't have any other elements that would interest me. I'll pass. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This is the first time I have heard a cruise ship described as erotic! You have written a positive review for people who enjoy this genre.
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

This sounds very well-done. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, right now I think I’m less interested in books like this that are told from a male perspective/have a male main character. I suppose I am also picky with erotic fiction in general; sensitive to overdone tropes and in need of really strong characters. Still, I enjoyed your review and the thought you put into it!
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)
randompersonavility
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randompersonavility.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by randompersonavility »

I love the author did not named his characters, I agree that it added mystery to the story. I feel sad for the author being in a loveless marriage.
Kristy Khem
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

kdstrack wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 12:37 This is the first time I have heard a cruise ship described as erotic! You have written a positive review for people who enjoy this genre.
Haha, same here. Thanks!
_Delly_01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delly-01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by _Delly_01 »

The mystery of hidden names sounds exciting. While I agree that the names referring to the ship and cafe were funny, and made me laugh in reading your review, I don't think I could take the book seriously because of it. But your review was pleasant, and I enjoyed reading it. Thank-you.
ChydeanmahE95
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chydeanmahe95.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by ChydeanmahE95 »

I am very much into erotic fiction, but sometimes too much of it makes me feel out of sorts.
This book might fit into the over the top erotic fiction with its funny names.
The faintest pen is sharper than the mightiest sword.
yeancha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yeancha.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by yeancha »

This sounds like a great book, would love to check it out. Nice review, you did a great job
Luckybratgirl51
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Luckybratgirl51 »

I love this this book. It took me on an erotic, sexual journey. It was THE most erotic journey that I have ever been on. I loved that He didn't give names to the women, only letters. And the name that He gave to the cruise ship, OH MY GOD.
It was THE MOST EROTIC, SEXUAL JOURNEY that I have ever had.
I imagined that I became Mister's Miss.
I HIGHLY recommend this book, especially if you are really into erotica.
sri varshini303041
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sri-varshini303041.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by sri varshini303041 »

I think romance is mandatory for me in every erotica. I can't enjoy erotic elements alone. But, After reading your review, I think I will enjoy this, to an extent. Let me try. Thank you for the detailed review, sweetheart.
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

I really like how you express even your feelings in this review. I like that you state this had poetic descriptions which I feel are beautifully expressive. Thank you for a great review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Having the names of the characters hidden sounds exciting. I liked your review, thank you
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

The characters are mysterious which brings suspense and huge interest to the book. Nice review

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”