Review by rubinelli -- Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rubinelli
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by rubinelli -- Winning the War on Cancer

Post by rubinelli »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski is the author’s personal story about her mission to carry on her father’s legacy, after his untimely death in 1998. She started with nothing and worked hard to find the people and resources that would help her restore her father’s integrity and revolutionize modern medicine.

In 1948, Mirko Beljanski worked at the Pasteur Institute in Paris, as a researcher studying microbiology. He hypothesized that there were substances in existence that would target cancer cells and leave normal cells alone. He later discovered that the extracts from the Pao Pereira tree and Rauwolfia Vomitoria plant had the ability to inhibit cancerous cells, but not affect normal cells. He started to prescribe these extracts to his patients, who reported back that these extracts helped cure them. However, many people were sceptical of Beljanski’s research. He was forced to leave the Pasteur Institute and was later accused of illegally practicing medicine in 1991. His daughter, Sylvie Beljanski, was living in New York when her father was arrested. As a lawyer, Sylvie Beljanski tried to help her father, but the process was very long and difficult for the family. Mirko Beljanski was found guilty of malpractice in 1994.

In the wake of her father’s death, Sylvie Beljanski had to jump through hoops and struggle in order to prove that his research had merit. She embraced her father’s work as her own and sought to promote alternative medicine. She hoped to eventually convince the European Court of Human Rights to clear Beljanski’s name.

I loved reading this book! I was very interested in learning about alternative medicine, and I learned so much from this book. It is clear that the author did her research. The science was explained in very simple terms and was easy to follow. Not only that, Sylvie Beljanski’s personal story was incredibly moving. Her struggle to continue her father’s research was admirable and very inspirational. She knew that her father’s research had the potential to save many, many lives and found the courage to face every obstacle head on. She found her passion and she dedicated her life to it, sacrificing her family, her old career, and her own health.

The book was exceptionally well edited, and the organization of each chapter made the book very easy to consume in small segments. I really liked reading about the specifics of how the plant extracts work in the cell. The author included some very descriptive explanations as to how the extracts repair the bonds between nucleotides in DNA. I personally found that information very interesting, and I was glad that the author didn’t skip over the specifics just because she is not a scientist. I genuinely enjoyed reading this book a lot. There wasn’t anything about it that I particularly disliked.

Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski is an amazing book. I would highly recommend this book to anyone with even a passing interest in science, and I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like rubinelli's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ghazna Zuabir
Currently Reading: Shame Off You
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Ghazna Zuabir »

Really very hard working effort,author has proved that herbal remedy is better than pharma tough medicines and therapies.Although it's not easy to accept everyone because cancer is really a danger and risky disease so everyone who is suffering from it directly want to get cure in a better sense but I would prefer herbal cure rather than other painful ways.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”