Official Review: Blind Eye by F. Lynn Godfriaux

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Official Review: Blind Eye by F. Lynn Godfriaux

Post by LV2R »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blind Eye" by F. Lynn Godfriaux.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

First, I have just got to say that I absolutely like the book cover of Blind Eye by F. Lynn Godfriaux. It not only matches the story of the photojournalist and protagonist, Mattie Taylor, but it also is so “eye-appealing”!

Sisters, Mattie and Angela, are joint heirs to their family’s fortune. What lengths would someone go to acquiring this great fortune? When Angela shows up at their parent’s funeral with a stranger, Mattie and her husband, Jeremiah, are suspicious and question Angela. She not only defends this stranger, but she ends up eloping with him.

Things get really complicated and wild for Mattie after she innocently takes pictures of people at a ballgame. Life will not be the same for her, as she seems to be the target of someone and runs for her life. Angela is also in danger, and there is no way to help her.

I best liked that there was a lot of action that took place all through the book, and all the while I was left wondering who was trying to kill the sisters. The author wrote in a very descriptive way of the scenes, making it feel like I was there. I liked how Mattie had a sense of humor even in the worst situations and even when she got physically hurt, she thought funny things. There were several other characters that were developed well, and yet, I was not totally sure which characters could be fully trusted. I found myself guessing who was behind all the happenings. Even when one character was clearly the guilty one, I was left to think that there might be others working with the one!

I least liked the few graphic scenes of the shootings that described the bloody victims. There was also a strange scene that did not really happen, but Mattie described it as if it were real. This confused me, and I didn’t know why that was included in the story. But other than those things, I liked the book. I was satisfied with the ending, as it had some feeling of closure. Yet, there was a cliffhanger, making me think that there will be a sequel to this book.

I enjoyed reading this web of deception, danger, greed, and mystery. I rate Blind Eye a 4 out of 4 stars because of the plot, mystery, action, and good character development. It was also edited extremely well. I only found one mistake of using “his” instead of “he” in the whole book.

People who like to read books with a lot of action, mystery, and danger would enjoy reading this book. This book would probably not appeal to children or be appropriate for them, as it has some foul language and some graphic scenes.

Blind Eye
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like LV2R's review? Post a comment saying so!
nonamer_miss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonamer-miss.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by nonamer_miss »

People who like to read books with a lot of action, mystery, and danger would enjoy reading this book. That's me! I am intrigued by Mattie's character.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Nice! This one sounds quite entertaining and non-stop. It seems like Mattie and Angela have a hard time claiming what is rightfully theirs. Nice review. I'll put this on my list. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

Though I find the cover a little creepy, based on your review, this is my kind of read. Thanks for the recommendation!
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jessacardinal »

This sounds like such a good book! The description of the bloody victims would not appeal to me much but the overall plot sounds amazing. I suspect Jeremiah! I can't wait to find out. Thanks for the recommendation!
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Family, inheritance money, and new boyfriends - a great trio of themes for an intriguing story. Throwing family ties in with mystery always ups the ante. Thanks for the great review.
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

Problems connected to a family fortune and danger from taking pictures at a ball game. I'm very interested in seeing how all of that plays out! Great review!
Sabena Lemoine
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sabena Lemoine »

I love reading books like this kind of story have danger and mystery. Money inheritance can put life into danger, some they are killing their family as well when it comes to money matters.
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

I agree with you about the cover! I like stories in which you’re not sure who can be trusted, and I like the way you describe the main characters in the book like Mattie. Sounds like a cool thriller!
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)
Reader Robin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Reader Robin »

You're right! This cover definitely does match the material. I love the pun too in that line too. However, because I don't like graphic scenes and cliffhangers, I don't think I will be putting this one on my reading list.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I love a good mystery, especially those with unreliable narrators in which you don't know who to trust!
And I agree, the cover is quite eye-catchy.
Thank you for your enthusiastic review, Sara!
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I found that to be a scary eye on the cover! This fast-paced thriller might be a bit gory for me based on what you've said.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

This seems to be as mind-boggling as could be. That feeling of being followed and threatened by an unknown predator isn't really settling at all. Thank you for your intriguing yet aptly-written review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 958
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

I agree that the cover is quite eye-catching. This seems like a action-packed mystery.

Thank you for the great review.
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

There was also a strange scene that did not really happen, but Mattie described it as if it were real. This confused me, and I didn’t know why that was included in the story. But other than those things, I liked the book. I was satisfied with the ending, as it had some feeling of closure. Yet, there was a cliffhanger, making me think that there will be a sequel to this book.
Breathtaking😱that’s how I saw this mystery suspense Novel as per your point of view! The quoted portion shows how it's thought-provoking too👍It simply challenges its readers to think through every scene🤔Thank you so much for sharing and all the best to your future work :tiphat:

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”