Review by vinkipc -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
vinkipc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinkipc.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by vinkipc -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by vinkipc »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sigfried's Smelly Socks! Is an icky picture book for young children, written by Len Foley. It follows a story of a young boy, Sigfried, as he tries finding out the actual cause of the awful odor in his book. The book author was inspired by Becky and Sofia. They both have the same problem as Sigfried. Socks piling! What can be the cause of this awful smell in his book and socks?

Sigfried notices there is a smell emanating from his book. He doesn't know exactly what the cause is. It could be from rotten banana, squish mashed chewing gum, old pizza slice, peanut butter, his naughty dog urine among other terrible things. The most disgusting possibility is from her sister. She wiped her behind using a page of his book. How disgusting is that really? Leave alone the already mentioned possibilities, because it doesn't even bother Sigfried, like his pile of socks. He has several pairs of socks, interestingly all of them are dirty and smelly. There is one pair of socks that Sigfried can't let you close. His purple pair of socks. Why? Its reason will make you laugh out loud. Find it out.

The book is just 27 pages of laughter and whiffing. The smell can't be tolerated. But, your curiosity to know the next cause of smell will betray you. It was Last year around June when my friend told me about this book. I sampled some few pages, I then turn it down for a movie. I think the concept of foul-smelling stuff just overwhelmed me then. An opportunity came, and I joined Online Book Club as a reviewer. Here I come across this book, I didn't hesitate to select it. I needed it to know more about Sigfried. The ending of this book is even better. Sigfried admits his socks weren't the problem. Really? However, I wish he kept his promise to clean his socks.

What I like most about this book is its artwork. Characters are drawn in a stylish and funny manner. Its colors are bright and eye-catching. You can really whiff the odor emanating from rotten and dirty stuff. The accompanying words are written in a rhyming style. A unique style that enables a child to memorize the worlds easily. Words are also wisely written. Therefore, allowing the reader to read them aloud. Lastly, this book as few words on every page. This together with the rhyming style used won't let any child get bored. Apart from the awful smell, there is nothing else I didn't like about this book.

This book is informational to young children. It carries insightful lessons about the importance of maintaining a high level of hygiene and having a proper personal organization. Being dirty and disorganized is not an option in someone’s young age. Teaching a child using engaging resources like this book is really helpful. With such insightful lessons to be learned, I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book is also professionally edited. I am therefore recommending it to children aged three and nine years. Parents and guardians also need this book as a supportive asset, as they look forward to raising responsible children. They will also guide children through vocabularies used. Children may be unfamiliar with vocabularies like kraut. Lastly, if you are very sensitive to foul smell, this book can make you sick. So keep it off for the sake of your own wellbeing.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like vinkipc's review? Post a comment saying so!
Willy 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willy-1.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Willy 1 »

I read the book too, It was my first time reading a kiddies book. Lots of colors will definitely attract kids and keep them reading. Good review.
vinkipc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinkipc.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by vinkipc »

Willy 1 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 08:02 I read the book too, It was my first time reading a kiddies book. Lots of colors will definitely attract kids and keep them reading. Good review.
Thanks for your comment... I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”