Official Review: For the Love of Lisa by Callie Norse

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: For the Love of Lisa by Callie Norse

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "For the Love of Lisa" by Callie Norse.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For the Love of Lisa by Callie Norse is a thrilling romance story that includes elements of mystery in its gripping plot.

When Greg and Lisa together with their six-year-old girl finally move into their dream house, every piece of their lives seems to have fallen into place. This, combined with the prospect of having a second child, leaves them excited. The excitement does not last, however, as things start to go wrong. Strange things also start to happen around the house. Sometimes they hear the weird cry of a non-existent child and other times the sky just turns black. All these happenings leave Greg overwhelmed. Will he be able to solve the mystery of the haunted house and move on?

Callie Norse’s novel is dotted by twists and turns that are filled with suspense. As the story unfolds, there are many unexpected turns which had me glued to the pages. I liked that the events were unpredictable. The inclusion of traces of mystery made the story even more entertaining. The ghosts and the strange events happening in the house definitely also added an extra aspect of flavor into what would have otherwise been an ordinary romance tale.

The events that the characters endure make them relatable which is another feature of the book that I liked. What starts as a great and hopeful story later becomes heart-breaking. This makes the novel unique since it is not the usual happily-ever-after story. The characters are also kept at a minimum which makes the story easy to follow. Each of them, including the supporting characters, is allocated enough space in the plot. Still, I did not like that the characters lacked weaknesses. Creating some flaws would have made them appear even more authentic.

I liked the way the author developed the story. The scenes in the book continued to thrill from the start to the end. There is no specific climax of the plot. Instead, different events mark dramatic changes within the storyline which makes the novel interesting to the last page. This style of writing also ensured that the pace was balanced, not too slow or too fast.

For the Love of Lisa by Callie Norse is also professionally edited. I did not notice any errors. It is a must-read for readers who prefer unique and thrilling romantic novels. Readers who prefer more familiar romance stories that do not contain elements of mystery may not enjoy this book. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

For the Love of Lisa
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

It really did catch my attention when you mentioned the girl cries and the sky turning black. I immediately thought of this being a horror tale but for some reason. I am curious to see how romance conquers in this drama filled book. Thanks for the review.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

I really like the fact that the love story contains some elements of mystery. That makes it more intriguing and unique. Great review.
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

At first, I thought this book was a romance one. Reading your review got me all excited because I love mysteries. I'm not sure if I like the "no happy ending" part, I really hope no one dies. Do you think the ending is fulfilling for the reader? Does it explain everything? Are you left with a bittersweet felling?
“All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.”
― Lemony Snicket
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jessacardinal »

I always like to look at the cover of the book, as well as the title, before reading a review. This one draws me in as it instantaneously grows a sense of wonder and excitement to find out more information about the plot! Unfortunately, I believe I have seen this story one too many times in both other books and movies.
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

The title and cover of the book looked appealing. After reading your review, I definitely want to read it. I like books that have both mystery and romance.
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I really like the cover, and the idea of a romance caught my attention. But the inclusion of ghosts and skies turning dark doesn't interest me. Thanks for the interesting review.
Willy 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willy-1.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Willy 1 »

A happy family starting to just settle in life and a new home having to face these strange happenings can get really creepy. For a romantic novel riddled with so much horror, I think I'll pass on reading. Good review.
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

I was hoping it would just be romance filled but it had to take a turn i am not interested in. Thanks for the review anyway.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

If this was a thriller with romance elements, I might consider it. With it being the other way around, I'll probably pass. For those that enjoy romance, I imagine it would be nice to find something a bit different. I like the haunted house aspect.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Nyambura Githui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyambura-githui.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nyambura Githui »

I expected it to be a boring romance novel when I read the name, but the mysteries of the house got me all excited and eager to read it. Great review.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Greg and Lisa look like a perfect couple with a great house on the cover. However, the house has strange happenings and things may not be so perfect as they first look. The story sounds like it has a lot of suspense and things happening that readers may not expect. It may be a bit too scary for me to read.
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

This book seems perfect. It's interesting from the beginning to the end... It doesn't have grammatical errors and it's amazing. Thanks for your review.
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-feedback: :text-welcomeconfetti:

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”