Review by Bookenthusiast23 -- Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bookenthusiast23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookenthusiast23.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Review by Bookenthusiast23 -- Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Bookenthusiast23 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When I first picked up the book Winning The War On Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure, by Sylvie Beljanski, I was very skeptical. However, upon reading the book my views have changed greatly.

The book, written by the daughter of a scientist, tells the story of how the French government attempted to destroy all traces of a natural treatment for cancer, but one woman fights to keep her father's work alive.

Beljanski goes on a journey to seek the natural extracts that her father discovered kill cancer cells. She also starts an organization to fund the research of the products.

I would give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The reason for the rating is that the book captivated and entertained me, while also educating me. I could also find no grammatical errors, so it is well edited.

The author clearly exhibits strong writing skills. I began my literary journey through this book with little faith in it's ability to convince me, but she came through, and I was a believer by the end.

I was initially cynical about the book for a few reasons. One was because I couldn't believe that there could be a natural cure to cancer without hearing about it everywhere. Such a scientific breakthrough would be huge.

I was also doubtful in Beljanski herself because of her credentials. She had no scientific background, and instead had a degree in law. She seemed to have done thorough research on the subject though.

Some of the things I liked about the book were the scientific and historical facts, the epic anecdotes, and the funny moments and inspirational tidbits that were included.

They way she wrote about her travels was enthralling. It was almost like reading a James Rollin's novel during those parts. You could really visualize the struggles of those adventurous moments.

I also liked the way she described the world as being so big and vast, and how she made me contemplate our place, as humans, in this world. It made me feel really connected to nature.

The age group that this book is appropriate for is 18+, I would say. This is because most teenagers probably wouldn't be very interested in this work of non-fiction. There are also certain parts that are more advanced.

I would recommend the book to anyone interested in non-fiction books on homeopathy, science, and history. It also includes some fascinating parts about French law that would appeal to certain people.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Bookenthusiast23's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”