What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Khrysalis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khrysalis.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by Khrysalis »

I read the "Dragonlance Chronicles" and "Dragonlance Legends" continuously. I read a little of these same six books every day, even if the day has been very full and I only have time for a few pages. When I reach the end of Test of the Twins, I put it back on the shelf and pull out Dragons of Autumn Twilight and start all over again. I’ve kept this cycle going for about twenty-two years now, never tiring, loving the first chapter of the Chronicles as much as I love the last page of the Legends.

I realize these are six books, not one—but it really is all one big thing. Dragonlance represents all that I love about reading, the finest example I can offer about the joy literature gives me because it has the things I love most. A fantastical world to explore. Swords, axes, bows, and magic. Humor, tragedy, love, honor, battles, redemption, falling to darkness. Journies, longing, searching, hoping. A sense of a longing for home that laces irresistible wanderlust. Flawed but likable and unforgettable characters. I've revisited their stories for so long that they are like old friends I've had for a long time. Friends I made so young that reading of their lives and adventures, learning their past and what drove them, actually impacted my morals, the way I respond to others, and how I react to poor luck or hard times in my own life.

It's that great of a story. It truly is.
rubinelli
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by rubinelli »

Honestly, I've probably read Percy Jackson the most out of all the books I've read. I think the books are fun and the stories are deeply connected with my childhood. I know what's going to happen every time I read them over, but I love revisiting the world and all of the unique characters.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Going into the new year, I am rereading the Bible once again. Neverending good goal!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
amafie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amafie.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by amafie »

Usually I choose not to re read books. I blame it on either my ADD or the fact that I already know what's going to happen so it never interested me to do so. However, I chose to pick up a book I read when I was a teenager, The Celestine Prophecy. I was blown away at what I forgot and re learned and I was able to understand the concept much better. I am going to read more books that I read when I was younger, The Great Gatsby and more mainly because I don't remember it as much now so it will feel like it's new all over again.
Tarhata
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tarhata »

Harry potter is the best ever
Sonic-London
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonic-london.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Sonic-London »

I have lost count of the number of times I read the 'Road less travelled' by M. Scott Peck. This book was written by a psychotherapist who clearly had a vocation for this profession. It conveys extraordinary dedication in helping others, and this writer's voice is one of immense compassion. This is a book that stays with me for a long time every time I read it. No matter how many times, I always learn from it. As a psychology lecturer, it is an enriching experience that I recommend my students. Their feedback has consistently been positive too!
Katelovestoread
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Katelovestoread »

The only books I’ve read more than once are “Gone With The Wind’ and “Silence of the Lambs” There are too many books and too little time.
Isabelleva
Currently Reading: The Fountainhead
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelleva.html
Latest Review: Love Hope and Promise by NaylaBurns

Post by Isabelleva »

Anything by Abbi Glines I have read at least twice if not more! There are great reads with lifelike characters who steal your heart.
OpinionatedEducator
Currently Reading: Pachinko
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opinionatededucator.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by OpinionatedEducator »

Usually any book that is now a movie.
FaeWitch
Currently Reading: Daughter of the Blood
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by FaeWitch »

My favorite book from my childhood is Roald Dahl's Matilda. I've read it dozens of times since I was a kid, usually at least once a year, often more. I've destroyed the binding on several copies just from reading it too much. It's a combination of the comfort of the familiar story, as well as just being sucked in by the writing style. It's often something I read when I just need to escape for a while into something simple with a happy ending and a charming ride.
spellbindingstories
Currently Reading: Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1)
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by spellbindingstories »

I don't reread books much, but when I do, I reread the Harry Potter series!
desareedany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desareedany.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by desareedany »

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson. Just such a beautiful, VERY original story idea! It doesn't hurt that my life pretty much mirrors Jane's except for the being rich part. My mom is just like hers in the story and I love the idea of having such a confidant that understands everything about me because he was there for all the childhood parts of it. That would've been truly wonderful.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
skindrukas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skindrukas.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by skindrukas »

I've read Harry Potter many times. I've grown up wit it, it helped me to overcome the fact of being far from popular at school. It's my traditional Christmas read every year. Something Christmassy about it...
The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. --- Matsuo Basho
wordslinger42
Currently Reading: The Lost Road and Other Writings
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordslinger42.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by wordslinger42 »

The Inheritance Cycle and Lord of the Rings are some of my most re-read books. The Shannara series is probably going to be added to that list :) I also re-read The Wind in the Willows often.
Swat3737
Favorite Book: Mists of avalon
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swat3737.html
Latest Review: Sherlock and I A Memoir of Medical Mysteries in a US Rural Practice by Frederick Kassis, MD

Post by Swat3737 »

The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, both by Dan Brown. I read them at least once a year and each time, I get caught up in it again! And then I want to watch every documentary I can find about Mary Magdalene or the Holy Grail :)
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”