Review by Noeld150 -- Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Noeld150
Favorite Book: Pancake Money
Currently Reading: The Brahma Spectrum
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noeld150.html
Latest Review: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound by Richard L Haight

Review by Noeld150 -- Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Noeld150 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This non-fiction book, Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure, was written by former lawyer, Sylvie Beljanski. Her father was a brilliant molecular biologist who developed different botanical extracts used to treat cancer. Sylvie has carried on her father's legacy since his death in 1998. She created the Beljanski Foundation which promotes the advancement of Mirko Beljanski's research.

The conventional medical community is probably not thrilled with this book filled with knowledge, but those of us who believe in the field of alternative medicine will find Beljanski's book filled with stories and truths about the power of healing from sources other than a bottle of tablets from the pharmacy. I found this book to be encouraging to those who may want to delve into other healing modalities. Readers will find examples of case studies which certainly prove to be enlightening in the field of cancer research. French President, Francois Mitterrand survived prostate cancer for many years, according to Beljanski, and was able to complete his final term in office.

The use and success of plant extracts on President Mitterrand became known to the French medical and political fields. Soldiers then broke into and destroyed Mirko Beljanski's lab. His daughter was at that time working as an attorney in New York. She knew she had to represent and free her parents who were both arrested. Even though she never took an active role in her parents' work, she knew there were people who relied on Mirko's extracts and the treatments they had been receiving. The French soldiers had not only destroyed Mirko's lab, they had seized whatever research and products they could find. This book reveals Sylvie's struggle to locate lost research materials and even scientists and doctors who would help her recover and continue cancer research.

Winning the War on Cancer makes you believe that some medical doctors may agree that cancer could be a result of lifestyle, diet and environmental toxins. It we detoxify our bodies and begin to repair the damage already done, we should be able to return to a healthier lifestyle. This book presents Beljanski's study of healing plant molecules in layman's terms. You can understand how plants can support both health and healing.

I feel that cancer patients should read this book and even talk with their doctors in hopes of enlightening them. Hopefully, it may lead physicians in a direction that is certainly in direct opposition to popular medical beliefs. I found nothing in this informative book that I did not enjoy reading. I thoroughly enjoyed every page and would recommend it to all adult readers. If we could begin using only nontoxic products, perhaps more people would start to believe in an integrative and holistic approach to attaining optimal health. I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars and hope that it creates a stir in the conventional medical field.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Noeld150's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”