Is this book an opinion or result of a research?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
RaeReads
Favorite Book: A Game of Thrones
Currently Reading: American Gods
Bookshelf Size: 32

Re: Is this book an opinion or result of a research?

Post by RaeReads »

I haven't been able to finish the book but reading others ' replies leads me to believe that the author did her due diligence as far as research, and that her opinion is based on that and her father's research. I'm anxious to read it because I'm a huge supporter of natural remedies and holistic healing.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. " - George R.R. Martin
amafie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amafie.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by amafie »

I think that there has been substantial research conducted in this book and for this book. I'm a huge advocate for alternative medicines and am relieved to know that advances being made today, impart, are because of the research started years ago by her father.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White
AnnaKathleen
Currently Reading: Kill Them All
Bookshelf Size: 1085
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by AnnaKathleen »

I think the author uses both in the book. It seems like opinions but its definitely has research for support. Alternative medicine can make just as much as an impact as traditional medicine in some cases. I think the father did quite a bit of research and then when he passed the research was explored again and expanded.
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

Nature hides the strongest medicines, in my opinion. It's no surprise that many cancer remedies come from nature. Furthermore, a way to avoid cancer is by establishing a healthy lifestyle and avoiding anything that affects your physical health(usually something unnatural).
“All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.”
― Lemony Snicket
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Post by Mindi »

I'm a firm believer that a degree doesn't matter if a person is willing to put forth effort in researching a topic. Anyone with a passion for something can find out as much or more than someone who sat in classes learning only what was taught to them.
Some of the info may be just based on opinion. However, I believe a large amount of research has been applied to the info given in this book.
Onyinye Excel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-excel.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Onyinye Excel »

Her father'said research needs further proven verification to lend credibility to it. In Reporting another person's research work without being in the field, there are some aspects of the research you might omit some necessary facts because you are not in the field.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

I think that it is, because she's using her Father's research, who was a reputable doctor. She even was savvy enough to select a spokesperson with a medical background to back her claims, so I feel this is legit.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Sen_Suzumiya wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 14:11 Nature hides the strongest medicines, in my opinion. It's no surprise that many cancer remedies come from nature. Furthermore, a way to avoid cancer is by establishing a healthy lifestyle and avoiding anything that affects your physical health(usually something unnatural).
I totally agree with this! Cancer is rampant nowadays because people have been stagnant and we all have this food that can trigger cancer cells. :tiphat:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Onyinye Excel wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 08:42 Her father'said research needs further proven verification to lend credibility to it. In Reporting another person's research work without being in the field, there are some aspects of the research you might omit some necessary facts because you are not in the field.
I agree with this. The author being a lawyer could not see what others in the field can see. She is trained to spot different things because of her career. :tiphat:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Bienn
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bienn.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Bienn »

Either of them, I still appreciate to the author in upbringing this worldwide issue because giving such advice uplifts their agony.
Remember :hand: to take a bath :liar: first before reading anything! :no-spoil: :? :lol:
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

The idea of her being a lawyer doesn’t matter when she has surrounded herself with professionals who can validate the effectiveness of her father’s work. I am more than convinced that the proper testing has been done to prove that the extracts work. The true test has been the people who have been healed or their condition improved.
Everything happens for a reason...
AndrewZachariah
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrewzachariah.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by AndrewZachariah »

I think this book is based on solid research. Not only did she discuss and cite the studies her father conducted for decades in France, but Sylvie also talked significantly about studies published by well-known, renowned universities in the United States that further verified the results of her father's studies. I also did some light research on the studies she discussed, and I found that they were not old studies. The most recent study on the Beljanski Foundation website was published in July of 2018. These are not outdated methods nor outdated results. If anything, I think the fact that the author is a lawyer rather than a scientist adds more credit to her claim; Sylvie had to deliberately go out of her way to validate every result and claim she made about her father's work, because she did not have his scientific titles to back up her word. I think the medical benefits claimed in this book are most definitely a result of research. That said, the story about how her and her family were treated in France could be more opinion than fact.
"The most technologically efficient machine that man has ever invented is the book."-Northrop Frye
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

Being that these products have been tested multiple times on animals a well as in humans that I would safely say that this book is on gathered data from research.
Chelsea N. Hackett
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 176795

Post by Sarah Starling »

I think it is an opinion, a researched opinion, but an opinion nonetheless.
Zora C Penter
Currently Reading: Every Ghost Has Its Story
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zora C Penter »

I believe that there was a considerable amount of research conducted for the book. However, anyone can also take research and put their own spin on things. Just ask the phone carriers that have faced lawsuits over the skewing of their graphs in advertisements.

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”