Official Review: Followed my Star by AR Annahita

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Official Review: Followed my Star by AR Annahita

Post by lesler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Followed my Star: (Volume 1) by AR Annahita is the stunning romance between the author and her eventual husband named Chris. Annahita is an Iranian attending college in Germany and meets Chris on a beach. Chris is an American soldier serving the Army, and the story of the two falling in love, at first sight, is a sweet and tender storyline. Annahita lives with her family in Germany, and Chris lives at the Army base, so finding time together initially is tough, but the two make it work. Their romance moves quickly, the two realize they cannot live apart from one another for any longer.

As Annahita graduates from college, Chris's tour of duty is up, and the two must make a decision on many things. Without question, Chris offers marriage to Annahita, but they must decide where they want to live. Annahita does not want to leave her family, but Chris does not have many job opportunities in Europe. Ultimately, the two decide to marry and live in Florida, where Chris is from. Will their marriage last? Will Annahita be happy in America? Only time will tell in this lovely romance.

I loved this book and found it a nice change of pace to what I've been reading lately. The author does a good job writing in English, though one could tell English is not her native language. There were some questionable word choices, but this book appears to be professionally edited with no grammatical errors or typos that I noticed. This book was a light read, being only fifty-six pages, and one could easily knock this novel out in one short sitting. The storyline was stellar, and I would have had trouble putting the book down if I had to.

This book appears to be the first of a series, with two more books available to read. I will probably read the second book immediately-I enjoyed the first book and want to know what happens to Annahita and Chris. The author does an excellent job describing Chris's actions that I feel like I know what he is thinking. I would also be interested in reading their love story from Chris's point of view.

I give Followed my Star: (Volume 1) by AR Annahita 4 out of 4 stars, for its excellent storyline, a wonderful set of characters, and vivid imagery. I recommend this novel for any mature reader looking for their next lovely romance with strong main characters.

Followed my Star
View: on Bookshelves

Like lesler's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm not much of a romance lover, but you do make this sound interesting. I have heard the author's name before and appreciate that it's a shorter novel. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

Romance is not a genre I look forward to reading, however, I do like one with good characters, and an interesting storyline. Thanks for the review.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Onyinye Excel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-excel.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Onyinye Excel »

Marriage makes a lot of people compromise and sacrifice for the good of the other person and the future of their marriage. I would love to read about the romance between the author and her eventual spouse.Inspiring read.
Willy 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willy-1.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Willy 1 »

Compromise in relationships and reaching an agreement that won't result in regret is a very delicate issue. I'd like to know if Chris and Annahita's marriage turned out okay, and if it did, how did they pull it off. Definitely going to read this book. Good review.
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

From the size of the book, i can tell it was straight to the point and that makes it even more charming. I am glad the author followed her star and it all worked out. Great review.
cornelia_SD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cornelia-sd.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by cornelia_SD »

Thank you for this extremely informative review. The story seems remarkably engaging. I do read romance novels and your review compels me to read this one since it's just a few pages long.
Life is a journey. Do not take for granted the people you are with for tomorrow they may turn to a different road. :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”