Overall rating and opinion of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Ksharmilla »

It is a well researched book. I think it is a 4 star book. Lots of people would benefit greatly from the information presented in this book.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I loved the personal information that was included about the author's family and their struggle with the government. I thought some of the scientific information might lose some readers. My rating of the book is: 4 for the first chapters and 3 for the second half of the book = 3.5!
Mai Tran
Currently Reading: What's Your Favorite Color?
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mai-tran.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Mai Tran »

The book is well-written, and it provides great insights into the worlds of healthcare and research. It's a four stars read for me.
piecesfallapart
Currently Reading: The Nightingale
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-piecesfallapart.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by piecesfallapart »

As someone who has had cancer in her family history, I like the personal touch this book has. I do not know how accurate the scientific explanations and research is, as I have to trust the book because I have not done it myself. Overall this is an amazing read.
Mrudolph30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrudolph30.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Mrudolph30 »

I was captivated for the vast majority of this book. Her journey, the science behind these supplements, it was all a pleasant shock to me given what I have come to believe about cancer treatment. I think everyone should be aware of the existence of Pao Pereira and Raouwolfia vomitoria, at a minimum. As I wrote in my review, the book's ending stopped me from a 4 star rating. It was quite abrupt and left me with numerous questions about the research's future, as well as her future. However its message and science will stay with me for a long time.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thokchom-alice.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Alice Thokchom »

I like reading scientific research book. Cancer is really the hardest war mankind is facing these days. The book is very informative.
A joke is to entertain people. If it fails to do so, it's something else!
Littlecandle
Favorite Book: Pancake Money
Currently Reading: Code Name: Dodger: Operation Rubber Soul
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlecandle.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Littlecandle »

I'm not done reading the book yet. But, I will surely give it a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I believe in the efficacy of natural or plant-based treatment. In fact, I've been actively using plant-based home-made supplements for more than 5 years now and I found those natural treatments safe.

I strongly believe that the big pharma is behind all the drug industry regulations. Controlling which drugs should be patented and which ones should not is just a bit of the bigger picture. Politics also has its hand on the issue. The big pharma and its cohorts block information about the potency of natural medicines because it competes with their synthetic drugs. And this means losses on their profits.

It's good that Sylvie Beljanski pursues what her father had left behind. It's time that we should start advocating the natural methods of treating serious ailments, like cancer
demeaben
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by demeaben »

The topic of the book is telling me the fact that once u are patient of cancer you should fight with cancer and deeply in to ur bottem psychology to be out of ur suffer b/c listening to ur inner soul mean bringing the healing doctors which will be much querer than any other medicine or doctors in the real world..
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

If the author was able to address the topic well and is able to express his points sympathetically then the book deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
dublinkmy6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dublinkmy6.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by dublinkmy6 »

Having been in the same situation as the author, losing my adoptive dad to cancer last year, I can relate with a story as this. Might be the emotional part of me, but I would readily give it a four.
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Alicia09 »

At first I did not want to read this book because I thought the subject matter would be too depressing. After I read it, I realized that the book was full of hope because Sylvie Beljanski did an excellent job of documenting all the progress her father made towards helping cure many different forms of cancer with natural herbs and extracts. So now I can say that this, combined with the refreshing perspective of a lawyer, contributed for a very eye opening account of what really goes on in the medical profession (when it comes to natural products). I had to give this book no less than 4 out of 4 stars.
:character-ariel:
imjaneturner
Favorite Book: Elastic Girl
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imjaneturner.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by imjaneturner »

This is a book I would not be interested in. It seems informative and heartfelt, but I am personally disinclined to read books about health, medicine, and alternative healing.
AnnaKathleen
Currently Reading: Kill Them All
Bookshelf Size: 1085
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by AnnaKathleen »

From the sample, this seems like an interesting and thought-provoking read. Cancer is a topic that many can, sadly, identify either from knowing someone who has been ill or being ill themselves. The author's writing has both a personal feel and a more researched tone that can appeal to many. I will definitely be reading this eventually!
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury
RaeReads
Favorite Book: A Game of Thrones
Currently Reading: American Gods
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by RaeReads »

I was only able to read the sample, but right away I found it relevant and intriguing. It was informative and helpful, illuminating alternative treatment methods for those battling cancer. Personally I'm an advocate for natural and holistic remedies, and I can't wait to finish this book. I think everyone should give it a read, because if you don't have cancer, you know or love someone who does.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. " - George R.R. Martin
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

I liked the book, and it was different than what I thought it would be. I liked the author's life story of her father-he sounds like an extraordinary man.

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”