What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
alexson0126
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by alexson0126 »

I saw last time movies bahubali 2 and it's according to me reviews 4.7 from 5.
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

the last movie i saw was overboard and that was just a few days ago so it is still very fresh in my memory. for me there were a lot of lesson to learn and it was interesting to see both lead actors grow as individual. i am not sure about the official rating but i will give it a 4 out of 5 as although it was interesting to watch there were also very questionable scenes.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

I watched discovery of witches. I have read the book. Now I am watching the seasoning movie. It's still on, check it out.. the story line is awesome!😆
TheGF

Post by TheGF »

Ocean 8 tho. And The Meg too
Awesome movies
AniB

Post by AniB »

Searching...Rated PG-13. About a father who is searching for his 16-year-old daughter, nearly the entire movie is shot "through" his computer and cell phone screen. Loved it. Was at the edge of my seat near the end with multiple plot twists.
myqueen80

Post by myqueen80 »

The last movie I saw was "Welcome to Marwen." I think Steve Carell was excellent in this movie. The theme of the movie was quite unusual and parts of it were very disturbing. The fact that it was based on a true story makes it somewhat more compelling. Although my husband and I both stayed awake for the entire film, it is not a movie that I would tell anyone they must see. I expected more!
raqstar1
Currently Reading: The Lady of the Lakes
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raqstar1.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by raqstar1 »

BeautySuzy wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 12:13 The House with a Clock in Its Walls
4 out of 4 stars, I totally love it! Still I don't know why so many adults hate it for being silly, it is kid-friendly horror! Did they expect it to be like Saw movie series?
I just got this today from Netflix. Silly is the only kind of horror I like, lol! I'm hoping I like it too.
Life is your own story. Sometimes you need an off-ramp and that's where books come in! :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference:
raqstar1
Currently Reading: The Lady of the Lakes
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raqstar1.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by raqstar1 »

I went and saw Mary Poppins Returns the other day and thought it was cute. Not as good as the original and some of the songs were a bit odd. But for a sequel, it wasn't bad. I'd give it 3.5 out of 4. There was one song that you couldn't really understand because they sang so fast, but the parts that I did get didn't seem very kid friendly. So maybe it's a good thing it's not easy to follow...
Life is your own story. Sometimes you need an off-ramp and that's where books come in! :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference:
Cara Van Heerden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-van-heerden.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper
Reading Device: B0147LDSG0

Post by Cara Van Heerden »

The last movie I saw was Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse.

It was so brilliant. A solid 10 out of 10. Surprised me, because I didn't have high expectations for another spiderman movie. But this was a comic story and spidies we never saw on film before.
“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by EricaWilson »

The last movie I saw was Birdbox. I would definitely give it a 9 or 10. It had an interesting plot and was filled with suspense.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

The Odd Squad Movie. I liked it. A 9 out of 10 easily.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Maríe Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Maríe Wamakima »

The last movie I saw was Transformers: The last knight, I haven't watched a lot of The Transformers movie but it was pretty good, and funny, the guy from The Carmichael Show is one of the main actors and he is quite funny in The Transformers Movie. For me it was an 8 out of 10.
kali_cloer

Post by kali_cloer »

the last movie i saw was Beautiful Boy. it was honestly such a moving movie and it changed me as a person. the movie talked about triggering topics such as drugs, suicide, ect. and the movie brings light to those topics in a really realistic way. i have to say it is one of my favorite movies of all time and it is definitely on my top 10 movies you should watch!

my rating: 9.5/10
summerleiann
Currently Reading: A Court of Mist and Fury
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by summerleiann »

The last movie I watched was Bird Box, which I thought was overhyped. I wanted to love it, but it just left me with too many questions at the end. I’d say it was a 6 out of 10, but only for the acting. Sandra Bullock was phenomenal.
QueenBoadicea1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queenboadicea1.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by QueenBoadicea1 »

Anna Karenina (2012) - There is a library I attend that shows a vast array of movies for free in its auditorium. I had looked forward to seeing this one and I wasn't disappointed.

I give it four stars because of its strange settings of a play within a play where we can see a person from multiple views, where a person can walk from an elegant drawing room into the flies of a theater and step into a sordid attic where a sick revolutionary lives with an ex-whore he calls his wife.

The acting is superb and the strange juxtaposition of theatricality and real-life action works because the novel itself has a strange, otherworldly quality. It recalls a vanished Russia that adored the behavior of another country. It has sumptuous gowns, mannered dancing, exquisite cutlery and manners: all the accoutrements of vast wealth and set it alongside wretched poverty, the brewings of revolution and the contentment of serfs who were once bought and sold like slaves.

The score is also delightful, sumptuous and sweeping one moment, simple and and poignant the next. Like the rest of the movie, this too has its playful moments with musicians dancing into the frame and mingling briefly with the players before disappearing again.

I haven't read the novel in years but I think it's time I did so.

Return to “Films and Books”