Overall rating and opinion of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
muthoni wamuyu24
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by muthoni wamuyu24 »

I am almost have through the book and for far so good the book is interesting the precautions used helps us become flexible in case of a relative,a friend or even anybody out there suffers from cancer we are able to bundle the professionally .......so far so good I rate this book with a 5star
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

When I sampled this book, I was completely fascinated and engaged. Reading everyone's discussion here has only increased my interest in this one.
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an amazing read that showed a different approach to cancer. I would rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed the debate books like this spark in the scientific community.
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

I have only read the sample and felt that it was a great compilation of research-backed claims.
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
preethijkumar
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preethijkumar.html
Latest Review: A Roadmap To Career Success by John G Bendt

Post by preethijkumar »

This novel clearly elucidated several scientific facts which makes the book very interesting. Also, it has such a beautiful personal connect.
praisecrown8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praisecrown8.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by praisecrown8 »

Informative research.
I guess the author took her time. I will give it a four out of four
TALIA ONYANGO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-talia-onyango.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by TALIA ONYANGO »

This novel is realistic and i would rate it at 4 out of 4 stars. It is a beacon of hope to all cancer patients. I would highly recommend it to all persons suffering from cancer.
BeautySuzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beautysuzy.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by BeautySuzy »

I rate it 3 out of 4 stars, I liked how the writer proved natural treatments are way better than pharmaceutical ones. But I think the writing style was abit complicated.
Think outside of the books.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

I just purchased the book and I will be reading it soon. What drew my attention most is that the author doesn't have a medical background but has done great research looking forward to reading it.
AndrewZachariah
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrewzachariah.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by AndrewZachariah »

I gave this a book a four out of four stars. I felt that is was well-written, and the author did an excellent job of weaving a personal story with data and drier information. As a chemical-engineering student, I have encountered many texts that have incredible backstories, but the author forgoes that story in favor of slamming readers with heavy amounts of data and research. I think this author appropriately delivered data without overwhelming readers. I encountered some typos here and there, but nothing worth losing a star over. I also went over to the foundation's website to see what was available there. I found that the website backed up what the author was saying, particularly in the realm of research. Furthermore, the journals and universities mentioned as associates of the foundation, or involved in research with the foundation are all well-known and reputable. Many of the journals mentioned weren't your average, run-of-the-mill subscription, and often require significant work to get published in. The extensive footnotes and access to links for further information also lead me to believe that this foundation's work is built from evidenced-based research.
Mark Dice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollyschafer.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00TREI0D4

Post by Mark Dice »

I am only a few chapters into the book, but I don't believe I will be able to give four stars as I have already found 6 grammar errors. The story seems to be truly amazing though, so I will probably go for a three unless anything drastically changes later on.
Willy 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willy-1.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Willy 1 »

The book sheds light on how well established pharmaceutical companies are more interested in the name and monetary aspect of medicine. The author tells us about other alternative treatments of cancer as opposed to the popular conventional medicine which already exists, provided they are of Good quality. I give the book four out of four stars.
preethijkumar
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preethijkumar.html
Latest Review: A Roadmap To Career Success by John G Bendt

Post by preethijkumar »

This book is a definite recommendation for all those who are in the hunt for an alternative cure for cancer. It seemed like a hub of knowledge delivered in the most comprehensive way.
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

kandscreeley wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 15:42 I would give it a four out of four. I think it's well researched. It was a bit here and there as far as research and the story of her father, but it didn't distract too much from the message. It was professional, and I'm glad I read it.
I was looking for recommendation and i think i have got it. I would give it a try and hope it won't disappoint me.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
Samisah
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samisah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Samisah »

One of the reasons our world isn't "growing" is due to the fact that corporations want to own and control everything.
So I am happy for this author who went of her way and in spite of the pressures, to publish this book. From the many research and stuffs she doled out, I am inclined to believe that cancer can be pushed back using her father's method. I celebrate her bravery.

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”