Review by IsabellaCD -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
IsabellaCD
Currently Reading: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabellacd.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Review by IsabellaCD -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by IsabellaCD »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Four Funny Potatoes!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Len Foley's Four Funny Potatoes is the most rhythmic children's book I have ever read to my daughter. The book is full of contemporary illustrations that serve as both comic focal points and educational visuals. Foley wrote and illustrated the entire book himself. His font choice, color scheme, and art style all work together to create a silly, entertaining book for young children. My one-year-old daughter thoroughly enjoyed this book!

I recommend reading this story to children age seven and under. By age eight, most children have the ability to read stories with fewer pictures and more text per page. Reading this book to an older child is certainly okay, but the amount of literary stimulation received could be compromised. It is best to read children books that are developmentally appropriate for their age to ensure proper language growth.

With no editorial errors detected and a picture-perfect layout, the reader gets to enjoy a professionally crafted story that is sure to entertain all youngsters! The story is written in a creative rhyme scheme that eventually begins to sound musical. Toddlers learn through repetition and song, which makes this story an educational tool to use both at home and in the classroom. Elementary children could use this book to challenge their vocabulary comprehension as well.

The book narrates the story of a banana that is labeled a potato by its vegetable friends. To the banana's dismay, no amount of arguing will convince the vegetables of the banana's true identity! If there is one negative aspect of this book it is that repeatedly referring to the banana as a potato may confuse toddlers. Although, this obstacle could be overcome with the help of an adult.

The rating I am giving Four Funny Potatoes is four out of four stars. The book deserves this rating because of its intriguing illustrations, the musical sentence structure, and the story's original plot. A lot of careful work obviously went into this book. Foley has most certainly created a unique identity for himself as an author because of his inventive illustrations. I would absolutely love to read another book by this author in the future.

Four Funny Potatoes!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like IsabellaCD's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

This is the book that I recently reviewed. Nice to see different views. Thank you 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”