Official Review: The Tears of Gethsemane by Deborah Faulks

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Official Review: The Tears of Gethsemane by Deborah Faulks

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Tears of Gethsemane" by Deborah Faulks.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Tears of Gethsemane, by Deborah Faulks, is a spiritual book. It's full of advice for Christians to enable them to overcome trials in the course of their ministry or fulfilling their purpose in life. According to the author, believers are exposed to temptations at one point or another, so that God's glory will be unveiled in their lives.

Deborah begins the book by discussing what happened in the garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed to God, saying "Father, if you're willing, take this cup from me, yet not my will, but yours be done..." After praying, an angel from heaven strengthened him, and the Bible tells that his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground. Deborah defines the garden of Gethsemane as a time when a believer is at a crossroads. Using Jesus Christ as an example, she admonishes the children of God to continue in their ministry in spite of challenges, pointing out that no matter the trials and tribulations they may go through, God will always give them victory.

Comprising 147 pages, this spiritual manual is a quick read, and it's filled with words that will strengthen its readers, especially if they are experiencing tough times. It's light but deep. In an interesting manner, it highlights ways to overcome the oppressive force contending against one's mind and life's vision, just as Jesus did in the garden. In addition, at the end of some chapters, there are some relevant questions for readers to reflect on, which will enable them to evaluate their spiritual lives.

The Tears of Gethsemane shows how to pray effectively, using Jesus' prayer life as a model of prayer. Again, Deborah discusses the model of prayer Jesus gave to his disciples, which is the Lord's Prayer. In a fascinating way, she analyses the prayer, bringing out revelations from the words in it. Furthermore, she states that every Christian has been saved for service and encourages them to walk in their calling because God has called them to help others. If you don't like reading publications consisting of Scriptures, you can skip this one because it contains a good many of them.

In conclusion, this book is exhortative. It comprises a lot of helpful spiritual information. It was well edited; I found only a couple of errors. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I couldn't rate it lower since I didn't see any significant flaw, and I recommend it to all Christians and any non-believer who is experiencing difficult times.

The Tears of Gethsemane
View: on Bookshelves

Like Rosemary Wright's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ice dragon
Currently Reading: The last oracle
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ice-dragon.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Ice dragon »

Sounds very powerful, which generation do you think it's aimed at? It sounds quite mature.
TJanowski23
Currently Reading: Winning the battle against sin
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjanowski23.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by TJanowski23 »

This sounds quite insightful. Thank you.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

This looks like a very encouraging Christian book. I have a few people I can recommend this one to. Thanks for the review.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
KADIRISALIFU
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by KADIRISALIFU »

i love it thank you very much, this is one of the best christian book of the year you are exeptionly brilliant & educative authur great job kudos to your elbow i am going for the copy now,it teaches moral & ways of getting deep in christianity,thank you very much. :D
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds like a book that I need. I'm no longer in ministry, but I could use some inspiration and encouragement. I love that it talks about the garden of Gethsemane and prayer. I'll put this on my list. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This sounds like an amazing, encouraging book.
Melissa Shaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-shaw.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Melissa Shaw »

Great review! Sounds like a book I need to read. Everyone needs encouragement at times. This book also sounds like something I would recommend to friends and family.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A spiritual book advising Christians how to be behave sounds like a good book for believers, with all the spiritual info in it. Comparing the garden of Gethsemane to people in crossroads is original. That it was well edited is to the author's credit. I don't like publications consisting of Scriptures, but I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Sounds like the author wants to take the reader on a spiritual journey. This is not really my cup of tea, but I like that it encourages perseverance and strength when facing adversity. Religious or not, the power to push through and have faith in yourself relates to all human beings.
Great review!
Scerakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

This sounds like a great resource for Christians that are coming on difficult times or for those at a crossroads in their belief.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I will be giving this book a pass, as its not the genre that I am interested in. Great review.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

This book is ripe for the Easter Season. I'm sure people from other religions may not like this book. The reviewer should have stated this. Christians must constantly pray so God will save them in all their trying moments. A good review.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

This is a much needed dose of wisdom and inspiration for fans of this genre. Thank you for the insightful review.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I do not prefer the genre, so I will pass on this one. But I am pretty sure that the Christians who seek spiritual guidance will find that this is useful for them. Congratulations on being BOTD
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”