Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
Vitter Krane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitter-krane.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Post by Vitter Krane »

I really loved the book. Its content is amazing. The inspiration and spiritual guide is useful in our day to day nourishment. I would recommend it to persons of all ages in need of guidance and counselling.
Lmahle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmahle.html
Latest Review: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959) by David J Castello

Post by Lmahle »

Kareka88 wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 17:37 I didn't care for the author's arrogant attitude. Some of his facts and ideas were good. I read the official review for the book, and I agree with the reviewer that this might be a good book for younger readers. It will help them not to make some of the mistakes the author did. It would allow them to start on a confident and well-informed path.
I also was not a fan of his attitude. It was very much a “I know best now listen to me talk” kind of book.
preethijkumar
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preethijkumar.html
Latest Review: A Roadmap To Career Success by John G Bendt

Post by preethijkumar »

The book's title is definitely eye catching. The thought provoking title itself is a green signal to those like me, who seek books as their remedy. I am currently reading the book and it's got me hooked.
Gotyourbakula
Favorite Author: Steve Cavanagh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gotyourbakula.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb
fav_author_id: 42995

Post by Gotyourbakula »

Largely, I think self-help books are silly. But I'm totally wrong because every one I have read has good information that is helpful in my life. Maybe we can re-brand it "self-care" and people would be more into it. :)
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

Sounds empowering and a sort of encouragement to continue in life with possitive thoughts. "Life is not the same everyday,"
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

"Life is not the same everyday,"

My struggles of today is different from yesterday and tomorrow. So, good things surely come even if life is uncertain.
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
KRMarti
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krmarti.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by KRMarti »

This book is a pleasant change from many self-help books, in that it doesn’t sugar-coat it’s message: You have to take responsibility for either the success or failure of your life. If you don’t like your life, don’t complain about it... change it. It’s all up to you.
It is, however, a bit on the repetitive side. For this reason, I feel it could easily have been edited down to half it’s size. And it’s short, choppy chapters tend to make it seem like a less-serious approach. For both these reasons, this book would probably for young adult category, especially those just starting out in the world.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

I have a high opinion of the truthful and open nature of the book since the author did not sugar coat anything. I rated the book 3 out of 4 stars.
Charle
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Charle »

I think the book is a decent read and great for people looking for the boost to get them out of their personal rut, if they're ready. This book wasn't it for me though.
It felt a little disorganized, it didn't flow for me. It seemed to contradict itself some in the stories that were making the authors points he was expressing to the reader. It was just too jumbled for me to get a true feel good from it. I had a hard time pushing myself to get through it.
There are a lot of great pieces brought together to help someone 'get out of their buts' if they concentrate more on the items than the stories that go with it. Because for anyone who doesn't have a realization they're doing this to themselves, it may open their eyes and help their lives.
xxBadWolfxx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xxbadwolfxx.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by xxBadWolfxx »

I liked how the author wrote this book. It was easy to read and follow. It was a book that made me think, at least most of the time. I did, however, find that I already knew some of the ideas he was trying to make. He also repeats himself a lot but I understand some people need to hear something a few times before understanding it.
McKadeemd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mckadeemd.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by McKadeemd »

This book definitely has a different style and tone than many self-help books I have read. Overall, I thought the messages were good and the advice was helpful, but the author was a bit arrogant at times. His tell-it-like-it-is style gets his point across though, and I can see it being a useful tone for many readers. I enjoyed the book, but as far as self-help books go, it was not my favorite. I prefer more scientific-evidence and research-based books.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

The high number of positive comments on this book make the idea of reading it compelling. I might just do that.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I like it because it is giving a pathway by its story to any person having an aim in his/her life So it is eligible to get a rating of the 3 out of 4 stars.
waciraeva
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by waciraeva »

This book gives an insight to navigating lifes.Simple to understand yet deep in meaning and impact.The truths are carefully articulated and relate very well to day to day life.A real page turner.
imjaneturner
Favorite Book: Elastic Girl
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imjaneturner.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by imjaneturner »

As someone at the beginning of their professional life, it is a little exhausting to constantly hear that "I can be anything I dream of!" Sure, my life is a result of my actions, but it is also a result of luck, of the other people in my life, and of my values.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”