Review by Sumbule1 -- Pancake Money by Finn Bell

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sumbule1
Currently Reading: The Five Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumbule1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Review by Sumbule1 -- Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Sumbule1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Pancake Money" by Finn Bell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Pancake Money is one of my favorite Finn Bell books. It’s a fascinating narrative that reveals religious facts about Catholic marked by egocentric and antisocial activities. Whenever I read a novel like this for educational purposes, I expect to actually learn a lot from it. Pancake Money was an excellent book which tries to unveil how pain can transform a person.

New Zealand seems to be pretty as imagination tells me. The novel begins with a lot of dialogue that really attracts my attention. It made me give it a second chance to research what was happening. The story coils around detective Pollo and detective Reus who are cronies for a long time.

As I continued reading the book I concluded the lectures being amusing, this captivated my interest to learn and participate in those classes. It was very interesting to learn how human brain cells tend to react to pain when inflicted. Bobby being a scholar taking Forensic Psychology led by Ann Bowlby who is a lecturer, Ms. Bowlby is lured and suspected to be associated with murders of retired Catholic priests. Bobby and Pollo are interested in revealing who is the real murderer and come up with ways of ceasing the crimes. In that way, Finn Bell is willing to demarcate boundaries of literature. He tries to come up to fore how your chores can take an impact on your relations with everyone.

The novel takes some unthinkable turns and twists, which I have no intention of revealing it. All in all, I would say that the text and the author do justice to the genre. Conservation between Bobby and Pollo depicts how amusing they are, they mostly left me in a jiggling mood. More so they are so determined and self-caring about their families.

They focus at achieving what they intended for, tend to disclose on way to ease crime by doing a lot of investigations about the causes of certain mysterious actions within their vicinity.
The type of style used by the author systematically reveals how events uncoil chronologically hence making the novel really captivating. Even though some sentences lacked punctuation marks that made me rate the book a little lower.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The styles used seems to be appealing to all level of readers. The level of vocabularies is slightly simple to be easily understood. The plot of the book is quite realistic. The book made me want to exploit more on people’s culture and how some try to overcome a difficult situation in their day to day activities. Even though it tries to retrieve all evil done in the dark with the assumption of getting the truth but focuses more on mental issues.

Pancake Money
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sumbule1's review? Post a comment saying so!
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

I didn't know the author had more than one book around until you mentioned it. I wonder how higher above four stars could we give. I also do hope justice would be served in this story and in real life, too. Thank you.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

the social behavior of the people is must for the survival in society and ego is an illness which kills the polite behaviors of individuals at all levels. so these two factors have been explained as a base in this review of the book pancake money by Finn Bell.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

I also reviewed the the book. It was quite entertaining and intriguing. You are right that the plot is very realistic and thoroughly exhibits the life style of a spy and their genuine problems. Thanks for the review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

I've also reviewed this book and I feel the same way. Finn Bell is another author I'm looking out for because he weaves such great stories in this genre. And also like you, I liked the lectures part the best. I am about to read another novel of his so I'm also looking forward to it. Thanks for this review! :tiphat:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Lisa A Rayburn
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I'm not really into mysteries but it sounds interesting that the author actually worked in the psychological impact that pain can have. I'll probably give this one a pass, but for those into the genre, it sounds like a great read. Thanks for the review!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I reviewed this book, and I agree with your opinion about this author. The setting and the twists and turns of the plot intrigued me also. This is an interesting review of Bell's book. Thanks.
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

Fascinating as your review, this book appears fascinating to me too. I liked it!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”