Review by cvetelina_yovcheva87 -- The Crystilleries of E...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cvetelina_yovcheva87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cvetelina-yovcheva87.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Review by cvetelina_yovcheva87 -- The Crystilleries of E...

Post by cvetelina_yovcheva87 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Crystilleries of Echoland is a fantastic novel by Dew Pellucid. It is a good choice for both children and adults. The book brings the reader to a world full of magic. The main character, Will, and his twin sister, Emmy, were kidnapped. However, Will is saved by a wolf and a falcon who become his best friends, as well as guards. Unfortunately, Emmy’s fate remains a secret, and this ruins her family. Will does not have any memories of what has happened to him. Gradually, he starts remembering, and the memory leads him to the magical world of Echoland.

The novel is centered around the idea that every person has an echo. When a person, also called a sound, dies, his echo dies with him, and vice versa. It turns out that Will’s echo is actually the prince of Echoland. Will and his newly-formed group of friends are the only ones who can save Echoland from a usurper. They encounter numerous challenges and reveal some deeply buried secrets.

The most interesting part of the novel for me is related to the moral issues it raises. Will does not know whom he may trust. However, the friends he finds are extremely loyal to each other. They are brave and ready to risk their own lives to save the lives of those they love. The numerous legends also play an important role in making the novel more interesting. They are really exciting and contribute to the overall enrichment of the magical world.

The Crystilleries of Echoland is full of amazing characters, magical objects, secrets. It shows in a brilliant way the devastating results of the lust for power. The novel presents some horrendous creatures like the Fate Sealers. However, it turns out that they have passed through cruel tortures to be turned into the creatures they are. They are forced to become villains.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as it is a really interesting novel. I cannot point out even a single thing that I did not like about it. The plot is exciting, full of twists and suspense. The novel also teaches valuable moral lessons concerning the relationships between people and family bonds. I strongly recommend this book, and I think that it is a good choice for people of all generations. Maybe it is not appropriate just for the lovers of matter-of-fact stories.

The novel is professionally edited, and I did not notice any typos.

The Crystilleries of Echoland
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like cvetelina_yovcheva87's review? Post a comment saying so!
charmperit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charmperit.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by charmperit »

An adventure-packed novel, sounds like a good read! I hope that the magical world created is given life by the author.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

Your review has given me a different perspective on this book. Thank you for writing it.
cvetelina_yovcheva87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cvetelina-yovcheva87.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by cvetelina_yovcheva87 »

I am glad that you liked it. Thank you.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”