Official Review: Model Marine by Sondra Sykes Meek

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
0K3LL3Y
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Model Marine by Sondra Sykes Meek

Post by 0K3LL3Y »

Having spent a large portion of my life as a military spouse, I am intimately familiar with Molly’s world. The selective nature of the Marine Corps leaves me even more intrigued about her story. I look forward to reading about the snapshot-like pieces that bring the story together.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like military themed books. I also think this would be a perfect read because the author has not used a lot of military abbreviations or they are well explained in the context. Thanks for an enjoyable review.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I read your review and this review gives the entertainment. this is a story of two friend Molly Monroe and Beth who are planning together for their next step. The story is based upon beauty centers, camera, photography and personal development of the person. Due to the fulfillment of the personal desires, mother of Molly Monroe is angry.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this was an interesting story that combines great character development about a Combat Photographer as well as the introduction of flashbacks to give the story more depth. Well Done.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

What a drastic change! First a model, then a marine. No wonder Molly's mom was fuming. I feel compelled to read this book since the military jargon doesn't interrupt the flow of the book for the ones who have no knowledge about the Marine Corps.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

An awesome review! Though I would not have expected any less from you. Your enthusiasm for the book is easy to understand and you sold me to the book. This is an earth-shattering choice Molly made, going against her mother's wishes, in fact against her upbringing. How her life turns out as a result of her decision is something I am dying to find out. Thanks for the review, kandscreeley!
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

There's a lot going on in this book. It discusses a female lead in a traditionally male profession as well as family dynamics, friendships, and personal growth. I think readers will enjoy piecing together the big picture of this story, whether they are fans of military based novels or not. Great review!
lavellan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Post by lavellan »

Thanks for your review! I'm curious to find out how what caused Molly to decide to join the marines. It's nice to hear that the book is well edited and the author doesn't bog readers down with esoteric abbreviations and lingo. The included quote really demonstrates the strong relationship between Molly and the other female marines. I wonder what kind of scenes Molly photographs.
brittany_t
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittany-t.html
Latest Review: Olympian Challenger by Astrid Arditi
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by brittany_t »

Your review makes the novel sound interesting, I just may add it to my read list. Congrats on the BOTD
"Let's get lost in a world made of books, coffee and snowy days"
:coffee3-smiley: :techie-studyingbrown:
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1886
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Model Marine by Sondra Sykes Meek' unveils the story of the book in such a way that the reader is able to trace out his or her preferences and priorities related to life as well as the book. It induces a feeling of positivity and stability towards deciding to read the book.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Quite an enthralling review. It has discussed the book quite well but left enough suspense to the reader so as to want to read the book. I would like to read this book.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

I wonder why Molly decided to enter the Marine Corps. She had her future planned out and for her to make a drastic change in direction, something must have triggered it. Thank you for your review.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

I'm still near the beginning, but I get the sense that this book will be great. I think that it's perfect that we have this be our book of the day so close to Veteran's Day.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Sanyesto »

Emotional, compelling, and brilliant other fiction novel that will be most appealing to those who love spellbinding read. The book is also well edited and free flowing from the beginning to the end.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

A compelling tale of a woman who joins the Marine Corps against her mother's wishes. She's entangled in a web of confusion after an unexpected injury. The author brings this plot to life, immersing the reader in every bit of the story.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”